Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-14IKB Big Sur 11.6.2 Opencore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi erinviegas, hope you're well. Got Big Sur working all fine with trackpad, sound sleep and external display all working well.
When I try to boot into windows from open core (NVMe drive) I get BSOD and AHCI BIOS Error.
If I boot in directly (spamming f12 and enter on the drive) it boots up just fine. Any ideas?

Hi erinviegas, hope you're well. Got Big Sur working all fine with trackpad, sound sleep and external display all working well.
When I try to boot into windows from open core (NVMe drive) I get BSOD and AHCI BIOS Error.
If I boot in directly (spamming f12 and enter on the drive) it boots up just fine. Any ideas?

Do you know what the error is? I too have dual boot, but windows is on my Sata SSD and boots with Opencore just fine. Although when I rarely need to use windows I always use the F12 method rather than boot through opencore. I've made some changes to the SSDT's and config. Perhaps use those files and try again.

thanks! really appreciate it.

i saw you did a lot of work with the AppleALC kext and added a new layout for the Ideapad 330s.
do you have bluetooth headphones? if i use my Airpods with the hackintosh the audio is where distorted when the "Input" device is set to the Airpods mic. when I switch to the builtin or line-in mic the auido is normal. maybe you know what could be the issue.
for wired headphones I just have to shortly switch the mic from line-in to internal back to line-in to get normal audio.

thanks! really appreciate it.

i saw you did a lot of work with the AppleALC kext and added a new layout for the Ideapad 330s.
do you have bluetooth headphones? if i use my Airpods with the hackintosh the audio is where distorted when the "Input" device is set to the Airpods mic. when I switch to the builtin or line-in mic the auido is normal. maybe you know what could be the issue.
for wired headphones I just have to shortly switch the mic from line-in to internal back to line-in to get normal audio.
As far as my experience since Mojave if the bluetooth mic is active, the sound via the headset is of lower quality. If you switch the input mic to the internal mic, the sound is fine again. Have you tried force enabling AptX?

As far as my experience since Mojave if the bluetooth mic is active, the sound via the headset is of lower quality. If you switch the input mic to the internal mic, the sound is fine again. Have you tried force enabling AptX?
how would I force enable AptX?
do you have the same issue for wired headphones where you have to switch the mic for better sound?

how would I force enable AptX?
do you have the same issue for wired headphones where you have to switch the mic for better sound?
Using the Bluetooth Explorer app. As for the wired headphones, I have the issue sometimes after sleep.

Do you know what the error is? I too have dual boot, but windows is on my Sata SSD and boots with Opencore just fine. Although when I rarely need to use windows I always use the F12 method rather than boot through opencore. I've made some changes to the SSDT's and config. Perhaps use those files and try again.
Not sure, It just shows a Windows BSOD and the AHCI BIOS Error. F12 method works fine for me, but my mum uses the laptop and needs a GUI to go over to windows :lol:
When did you make the changes? I only download the folder from 15:00 UTC today so would it be after then?
When booting mac I get verbose mode (I presume there is a way to disable that but haven't looked into it?) and I get some kind of AHCI error every second. Had it since Mojave but just turned off Verbose mode lol

Ethan

Not sure, It just shows a Windows BSOD and the AHCI BIOS Error. F12 method works fine for me, but my mum uses the laptop and needs a GUI to go over to windows :lol:
When did you make the changes? I only download the folder from 15:00 UTC today so would it be after then?
When booting mac I get verbose mode (I presume there is a way to disable that but haven't looked into it?) and I get some kind of AHCI error every second. Had it since Mojave but just turned off Verbose mode lol

Ethan
You can see the last updated time on github. To disable verbose mode you need to remove the -v entry in the boot args. You also need to be uploading some kind of error reporting files. Can't diagnose issues with magic. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back