Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-14IKB Big Sur 11.6.2 Opencore

Status
Not open for further replies.
1605499435873.png

I have a problem that Windows cannot boot, when boot is selected the Windows logo appears and then immediately restarts

View attachment 496287
I have a problem that Windows cannot boot, when boot is selected the Windows logo appears and then immediately restarts
My Windows boots just fine, but maybe that's because it's on my second disk. Try adding an entry via OpenCore configurator under Misc>Boot>Entries. You have to include the full path to your Windows boot efi.
You also might want to take a look at this.

How much HDMI ports does your ideapad have? Maybe you could give me the exact model number. Trying to figure out some problems that occurred with my ideapad 330s 15ikb 81F5 after some latest kext updates. My video ports are mapped (internal LVDS and external HDMI) but somehow I get a black screen on external monitors when I wake the laptop. So I have to re plug the hdmi cable.

How much HDMI ports does your ideapad have? Maybe you could give me the exact model number. Trying to figure out some problems that occurred with my ideapad 330s 15ikb 81F5 after some latest kext updates. My video ports are mapped (internal LVDS and external HDMI) but somehow I get a black screen on external monitors when I wake the laptop. So I have to re plug the hdmi cable.
Just one HDMI. Works just fine even after sleep including outputting audio to my TV. The exact model can already be seen under the motherboard description.

do you have any wake or sleep issues? i´m asking because the frambuffer you´re using of the UDH617 has 3 ports in total (1 internal, 2 external DPs) and you didn´t disable the second external port. did you disable the second port in another way? maybe that could be an issue for my HDMI black screen problem

do you have any wake or sleep issues? i´m asking because the frambuffer you´re using of the UDH617 has 3 ports in total (1 internal, 2 external DPs) and you didn´t disable the second external port. did you disable the second port in another way? maybe that could be an issue for my HDMI black screen problem
try adding this argument at boot
igfxonln = 1

I have a Lenovo 330S/I3-8130. I installed Big Sur and it was a success but I have a problem with my wifi. I have an Intel 8265 wifi card and it works great with Catalina so I removed all the Broadcom files and added the Intel kext files. I rebooted but got a kernel panic (MACH REBOOT). I put your EFI back and it's working again. I'm thinking that maybe the Intel kext files are causing the kernel panic so I just removed the Broadcom files from the KEXT folder and removed statements from Kernel using Property Tree (Snapshot). I did not add the Intel kext's to the KEXT folder yet. Same issue, what could be causing this issue?
Thanks!

I have a Lenovo 330S/I3-8130. I installed Big Sur and it was a success but I have a problem with my wifi. I have an Intel 8265 wifi card and it works great with Catalina so I removed all the Broadcom files and added the Intel kext files. I rebooted but got a kernel panic (MACH REBOOT). I put your EFI back and it's working again. I'm thinking that maybe the Intel kext files are causing the kernel panic so I just removed the Broadcom files from the KEXT folder and removed statements from Kernel using Property Tree (Snapshot). I did not add the Intel kext's to the KEXT folder yet. Same issue, what could be causing this issue?
Thanks!
Make sure whatever changes you make to the kext folder is reflected in the config.plist. You also need to disable SSDT-EC-USBX.

Hi! Thanks for the guide, and your efforts on creating it. I'm trying to install the Big Sur on my 330s-14IKB, but stuck with a reboot during the install process (a bit after 50% done), no error is shown, just reboot, and opencore showing the install usb as the only boot option. Can you please help me on this?

Hi! Thanks for the guide, and your efforts on creating it. I'm trying to install the Big Sur on my 330s-14IKB, but stuck with a reboot during the install process (a bit after 50% done), no error is shown, just reboot, and opencore showing the install usb as the only boot option. Can you please help me on this?
If this is your first install I would advise you to only have essential kexts like VirtualSMC, Lilu and Whatevergreen in the kexts folder at least till your installation is complete. You can put the ACPI patches and remaining kexts later. Remember to update your config accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back