Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-80 El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the best way to go about without losing my ability to be able to boot into el capitan? Can I change everything except the graphics perhaps and experiment somehow with the graphics until I find a way to make them work?

Also wanted to ask if there is any possibility to actually get the r5 gfx to work (dedicated gfx) as that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

I think you need to read post #1 regarding correct config.plist setup.

Your question regarding discrete (switched) graphics is covered in the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I just installed El Capitan on my Lenovo G50-80 (80E501N9GE). I recently updated the BIOS firmware. To get the integrated graphics to work I did the following:

- enable legacy booting instead of UEFI in BIOS
- patch AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer with clover. Add to config.list inside the KextsToPatch array:
Code:
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
                <dict>
                        <key>Comment</key>
                        <string>Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.11.beta</string>
                        <key>Disabled</key>
                        <false/>
                        <key>Find</key>
                        <data>
                        QTnEdj4=
                        </data>
                        <key>Name</key>
                        <string>AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
                        <key>Replace</key>
                        <data>
                        QTnE6z4=
                        </data>
                </dict>
        </array>
</dict>
- Inject Intel graphics and add ig-platform-id 0x16160002
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
                <key>ATI</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Intel</key>
                <true/>
                <key>NVidia</key>
                <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
        <false/>
        <key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x16160002</string>
</dict>

Last edited:
I just installed El Capitan on my Lenovo G50-80 (80E501N9GE). I recently updated the BIOS firmware. To get the integrated graphics to work I did the following:

- enable legacy booting instead of UEFI in BIOS
- patch AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer with clover. Add to config.list inside the KextsToPatch array:

Much better to increase DVMT-prealloc as detailed in post #1.

You are likely to have instability by using the minStolenSize patch instead.

I'd really like to go the DVMT route. But - as far as I can tell - this is just not possible without eeprom modding once the BIOS of this specific Lenovo laptop model is updated. For now patching the kext has to be "good enough" for me.

I'd really like to go the DVMT route. But - as far as I can tell - this is just not possible without eeprom modding once the BIOS of this specific Lenovo laptop model is updated. For now patching the kext has to be "good enough" for me.

There seems to be instructions in post #1 for this specific model on how to change DVMT-prealloc.

So I just tried changing the DVMT-prealloc in an EFI shell. As I expected it didn't work: the BIOS is locked. :(

Most of what I need works so far (i.e. audio, battery, brightness). Only waking from sleep shows a black screen. The brightness can still be adjusted, USB is still working, too.

Currently I am using the following peripherals:
- Clover+OSX both boot from the same external USB3 disk
- USB Wifi EDIMAX EW-7811Un
- USB wireless Mouse

So I just tried changing the DVMT-prealloc in an EFI shell. As I expected it didn't work: the BIOS is locked. :(

Most of what I need works so far (i.e. audio, battery, brightness). Only waking from sleep shows a black screen. The brightness can still be adjusted, USB is still working, too.

Currently I am using the following peripherals:
- Clover+OSX both boot from the same external USB3 disk
- USB Wifi EDIMAX EW-7811Un
- USB wireless Mouse

USB WiFi is known to cause instability, especially with sleep.

After much reading and comparing with similar configurations I finally have a working build with sleep/wake and CPU/GPU power management. I managed to make 0x16260006 work as ig-platform-id which was key to enabling display sleep/wake.

DSDT/SSDT patches I used:
[bat] Lenovo G50-70

[igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU
[igpu] Brightness fix

[sys] Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
[sys] HPET Fix
[sys] SMBUS Fix
[sys] IRQ Fix
[sys] RTC Fix
[sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 8)
[sys] Add IMEI

[usb] 7-series/8-series USB
[usb] USB3_PRW(0x6D) and Rename XHC to XHC1

The "[igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU" patch I applied to DSDT.dsl and all relevant SSDT-*.dsl
With the Native Power Management for Laptops guide I generated a matching SSDT.aml .

Kexts
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
IntelBacklight.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
AppleHDA.kext - For Audio I used AppleHDAPatcher with this set of config files I built from https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-Z50

Clover config
See attachment

Attachments

• config-LenovoG5080.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
hi guys,

has anyone found a way to make it work if the bios is NOT B0CN40WW? anyone who was successful with 20B0CN73WW?

@vanluu , this problem with the bios version and adjustment of dvmt, is it only with this laptop model? other laptops could hackintosh regardless of the bios version?

thanks

I am not using the B0CN40WW bios but a fairly recent one (I can't and don't want to check right now, but I think it's B0CN97WW
). The graphics drivers work fine without changing the DVMT-prealloc.

Just read more than the first post. It's all there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back