Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-80 80L0 and Catalina 10.15.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please define what you mean by "Upload your Clover Folder."
I cannot view anything other than the screens in the photos above.
I cannot "enter" my Hackintosh now.
What is the entry method that I now use?
without you mounting the efi on your usb installer (probably on the mac you used to create the installer?) then zip and upload your clover folder, it is a little difficult in trying to help you

also try adding hfsplus.efi in drivers/UEFI folder

I believe I'm not communicating effectively: I can in no way get to the laptop to add any drivers/kexts.
The EFI is on my USB installer - but when plugged in, the USB stick does not mount. When Clover initiates I can see that USB stick. It then starts the loading process with the Apple logo, and the progress bar never completes. It stalls out. If I could only figure out how to get onto my computer again. Then I can put the various text files and drivers in the right locations -- I just can't get past this wall of the clover sign in page.

Please bear in mind, I've been working with computers since 1974. I was proud of the fact that (with facility) I was able to take a Lenovo G 50/70 and install Sierra a couple of years back. Very few hitches. Regrettably, the chore of trying to take this same notebook and update it to Catalina in one jump has been an abject failure. I WAS then able to successfully jump incrementally from Sierra to High Sierra but then totally failed when it came to the jump to Mohave. I do not know what I've done to Clover because this problem. But I also do not understand Clover well enough to figure out how to sign onto my machine now when I do not have a hard drive to select in order to get into my computer again. This is the fundamental issue that I'm facing. Feel free to share with a friend, because I'm really stuck.

I believe I'm not communicating effectively: I can in no way get to the laptop to add any drivers/kexts.
The EFI is on my USB installer - but when plugged in, the USB stick does not mount. When Clover initiates I can see that USB stick. It then starts the loading process with the Apple logo, and the progress bar never completes. It stalls out. If I could only figure out how to get onto my computer again. Then I can put the various text files and drivers in the right locations -- I just can't get past this wall of the clover sign in page.

Please bear in mind, I've been working with computers since 1974. I was proud of the fact that (with facility) I was able to take a Lenovo G 50/70 and install Sierra a couple of years back. Very few hitches. Regrettably, the chore of trying to take this same notebook and update it to Catalina in one jump has been an abject failure. I WAS then able to successfully jump incrementally from Sierra to High Sierra but then totally failed when it came to the jump to Mohave. I do not know what I've done to Clover because this problem. But I also do not understand Clover well enough to figure out how to sign onto my machine now when I do not have a hard drive to select in order to get into my computer again. This is the fundamental issue that I'm facing. Feel free to share with a friend, because I'm really stuck.
so you don't have another computer to try and mount the usb stick to get the files?

Please define what you mean by "Upload your Clover Folder."
I cannot view anything other than the screens in the photos above.
I cannot "enter" my Hackintosh now.
What is the entry method that I now use?
I have had a misunderstanding of process. What I had done previously is attempted to tinker with Clover ON THE laptop, rather than making adjustments to the USB stick. What I have done now is wiped clean the USB stick, reinstalled using Unibeast Catalina, also adding the updated VoodooPS2Controller.kext and hfsplus.efi files on that stick per the prior suggestions.
The USB stick is recognized by Clover, Strats with the Apple logo, but does not complete the Progress Bar.
I have now posted the photos of which files are on the USB stick - Install Catalina, and I mounted the EFI disk to get its contents as well. Perhaps now this will help in curing this laptop.
Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 10.38.49 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 10.39.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 10.39.03 AM.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I am currently dead in the water - my Lenovo G50/70 fails to complete a boot, with the issues noted above.
If I can supply any other information for diagnosis, I am happy to do so.
If there is another resource that can assist, that would be appreciated.
What I have now is a warm brick.

I am currently dead in the water - my Lenovo G50/70 fails to complete a boot, with the issues noted above.
If I can supply any other information for diagnosis, I am happy to do so.
If there is another resource that can assist, that would be appreciated.
What I have now is a warm brick.
don't edit post's, no one gets notified...

what happens when you boot verbose?

Got it - no more replies.
Here is what I have in verbose mode.
IMG_2887.JPG

Odd, the name and creation date on my stick and your link were the same.
I have loaded it on the stick. No change in outcome - stuck Apple Logo.
Verbose photo attached.
IMG_2888.JPG

Odd, the name and creation date on my stick and your link were the same.
I have loaded it on the stick. No change in outcome - stuck Apple Logo.
Verbose photo attached.View attachment 483924
you can see in your image:
VoodooPS2Syn...... version 1.8.25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back