Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-80 80L0 and Catalina 10.15.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
>>>update your voodoo kext
...I did that and also updated Clover and kexts for USBInjectAll, RealtekRTL8111, FakeSMC, CodecCommander, and ACPIBatteryManager, as noted for update by Kext Updater.
I am still with a stuck Progress bar on attempts to upgrade to Catalina.
Suggestions?
Verbose Mode feedback here:
IMG_2874.JPG

Last edited:
I decided to try upgrading now MacOS one OS at a time. I went from Sierra to High Sierra uneventfully. Success! Clover booted up fine, I could Boot into my HD in High Sierra.

Then, I upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave. Not Fine. I now no longer have a Boot from HD option on start up. (Now missing in 1st photo) Just a series of options: "Start UEFI Shell 64, Clover Boot Options, Options, About Clover, Restart Computer, and Exit Clover."
How can I get my "Boot form HD" button/message back?
The second photo is from when "Start UEFI Shell"
64 is selected.
I know it must be something simple, and that I am very close, but do not know what was deleted in the High Sierra upgrade process.
Thanks!
IMG_2875.JPG
IMG_2876.JPG

>>>update your voodoo kext
...I did that and also updated Clover and kexts for USBInjectAll, RealtekRTL8111, FakeSMC, CodecCommander, and ACPIBatteryManager, as noted for update by Kext Updater.
I am still with a stuck Progress bar on attempts to upgrade to Catalina.
Suggestions?
Verbose Mode feedback here:
View attachment 483419
you could try updating your ancient old VoodooPS2Controller.kext

you could try updating your ancient old VoodooPS2Controller.kext
"I did that" I used a Kext Updater that supposedly gave me the updated version - is there another Kext I should be using - a pointer or link?
Also, how can I GET to Clover now with the current options at Start up?

"I did that" I used a Kext Updater that supposedly gave me the updated version - is there another Kext I should be using - a pointer or link?
Also, how can I GET to Clover now with the current options at Start up?
no idea, you will need to upload your current clover folder

I did find a newer version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext from Rehabman from Oct 2018 (bitbucket.org) - how can I get this file onto my laptop, as I have the two screens above as my entry points to the computers. I need some advice as there is not a clear path to repair this issue. I cannot "get" to my computer now (or bypass the above). Thanks!

I did find a newer version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext from Rehabman from Oct 2018 (bitbucket.org) - how can I get this file onto my laptop, as I have the two screens above as my entry points to the computers. I need some advice as there is not a clear path to repair this issue. I cannot "get" to my computer now (or bypass the above). Thanks!
newer ones here:

newer ones here:
Thanks, I downloaded the new VoodooPS2Controller.kext.
I am still stuck.
I cannot get beyond the two screens above. If there is a learning guide of how to regain access to my computer, I would appreciate it. Clover will recognize my external USB Drive - but then it does what it did before - gets stuck in the progress bar and Apple Logo.

Thanks, I downloaded the new VoodooPS2Controller.kext.
I am still stuck.
I cannot get beyond the two screens above. If there is a learning guide of how to regain access to my computer, I would appreciate it. Clover will recognize my external USB Drive - but then it does what it did before - gets stuck in the progress bar and Apple Logo.
as already mentioned above, you will need to upload your clover folder

Please define what you mean by "Upload your Clover Folder."
I cannot view anything other than the screens in the photos above.
I cannot "enter" my Hackintosh now.
What is the entry method that I now use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back