Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-80 80L0 and Catalina 10.15.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
after several attemps,still blocked.

Verbosse mode ; stuck on
You probably have to set up your SSDT manually. Also your CPU may be of a different generation than mine. There are great resources on this forum to help you configure your own config.plist. Start of Rehabman's configs. He has many template ones you can use for different generations of Intel CPUs.

Step 8: battery status
  1. Make sure system definition is a battery-equiped Mac. Took me a long time to figure out iMac definitions would obviously not be showing a battery percentage

Hi, some stupid question here.

what is the system definition?
I see in about my Mac: iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

but in the system report:
  • Model Name: MacBook Pro
  • Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,1

So, what is my system definition?

Can I change the system definition to any other without problems? where?
is there something I need to take into account?

Last edited:
Hi, some stupid question here.

what is the system definition?
I see in about my Mac: iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

but in the system report:
  • Model Name: MacBook Pro
  • Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,1

So, what is my system definition?

Can I change the system definition to any other without problems? where?
is there something I need to take into account?
config.plist, SMBIOS section

Upgrade attempt from Sierra to Catalina on Lenovo G50/70, following steps on Page 1 Of the Update Directly Page.
On restart to "Boot macOS Install for HD" went through the progress bar - waited an hour. Stalled.
I did a forced shutdown and restart - now back at the same place with an Apple Logo and a complete progress bar.
Suggestions, please?
After sifting though threads on "stuck at apple logo full progress bar" I found this:
Try: At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection.
I did that and I still am stuck with an Apple Logo and Full progress bar.
Again, Any suggestions?

you skipped 2 major versions here, high Sierra and Mojave. Make sense that something will break, given Mojave has changed quite a few things.

Turn on verbose and see where you’re stuck at, or just do a clean installation. Probably less of a headache.

Upgrade attempt from Sierra to Catalina on Lenovo G50/70, following steps on Page 1 Of the Update Directly Page.
On restart to "Boot macOS Install for HD" went through the progress bar - waited an hour. Stalled.
I did a forced shutdown and restart - now back at the same place with an Apple Logo and a complete progress bar.
Suggestions, please?
After sifting though threads on "stuck at apple logo full progress bar" I found this:
Try: At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection.
I did that and I still am stuck with an Apple Logo and Full progress bar.
Again, Any suggestions?

you skipped 2 major versions here, high Sierra and Mojave. Make sense that something will break, given Mojave has changed quite a few things.

Turn on verbose and see where you’re stuck at, or just do a clean installation. Probably less of a headache.
>> I did turn on Verbose mode, then proceeded to boot with Catalina Install HD Disk - I am at the end of the Progress Bar, but not information. I will be patient to see if it will detail the problem.

Turned on Verbose Mode. Here is the photo result:
IMG_2872.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back