Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-80 80L0 and Catalina 10.15.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There, I have a Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop and trying to install Catalina. This is my first ever attempt at Hackintosh so go through some hardships. I tried all suggestions from different threads, different clover versions, even different USBs. However I was never able reach the installation. I'm getting a boot failed sleeping for 10 seconds like All the time. Do you have any help to offer please?

Thanks,
Ganesh
well I just finished installing mine! i have the same laptop as you but with an i7 5500, so after few shots, ive managed to do it without any issues, was VERY easy!
so i suggest that you start all over again, dont forget to READ the whole thread because theres a lot of importent stuff like KEXT and EFI files you have to download your self.
i dont care helping, make that bootable usb and hit me back ill help you with the whole thing if you want, also very important , dont forget to use the CONFIG FOR 5th series driver and not the 4th like the guide says

hi, i have Lenovo G50-80 with i7-5500u, will it be the same process?
i noticed that your lenovo type gpu is 4 but mine is 5, so i need to download the 5 series config but everything else should be the same?
also, any luck with airdrop with this laptop?

thank you!
Glad you worked it out. AFAIK Airdrop won't work because I don't have a native wifi card. Lenovo has a bios blacklist making it near impossible to install one.

Thanx for the replay, which WiFi card should I buy to use airdrop?

You'll have to consult your service manual and see what Wifi card is whitelisted by your particular model, and see if one of them are the few broadcom cards that is supported by macOS. Highly doubt you'll find one.

Thanx for the replay, which WiFi card should I buy to use airdrop?

You'll have to consult your service manual and see what Wifi card is whitelisted by your particular model, and see if one of them are the few broadcom cards that is supported by macOS. Highly doubt you'll find one.
Oh...
Ok, what about my intel celeron 2807 laptop by gigabyte is that even an option?

Oh...
Ok, what about my intel celeron 2807 laptop by gigabyte is that even an option?
Celeron processors and celeron graphics are not supported

Oh lol, ok I’ll try find info about my i5 9600 + z390

Hi dandelionclock,
just a question, is your minimum backlight level as it is in windows?

Thanks for your fantastic guide¡¡¡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back