Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70 Yosemite using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left my pc switched on all night and nothing changed. Thanks

Plug in HDMI monitor.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

The problem is the same, but the screen freezes with a grey background (I waited four hours). Thanks

Attachments

• 20151107_165813.jpg
    20151107_165813.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 200
The problem is the same, but the screen freezes with a grey background (I waited four hours). Thanks

Could be FakeSMC problem. You're not using the FakeSMC that is linked by my guide.

You can always boot without graphics injection to take graphics issues out of the equation.

Thanks to this guide I am very happy with this laptop at the moment I have this working:
Graphics, ACPI (native), USB3 (native), touchpad, ethernet, wifi/bluetooth (replaced internal card), battery status, brightness, audio, webcam, imessage/icloud.

which card did you use as replacement for wifi/bt?

I left my pc switched on all night and nothing changed. Thanks

I was having problem with my hackintosh post install, then I used your clover folder (changed serial key and FakeSMC) and its working fine now.

Except Audio and Elan touchpad.

5.2.- Enable Audio patch.
The audio kext (AppleHDA.kext) for my audio driver (Conexant CX20751) is located in AppleHDA For Yosemite - AppleHDA - InsanelyMac Forum This must be copied in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
Apply the patch “Audio Layout 12” from RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch · GitHub changing the Layout-id from 12 to 3 before applying the patch.
Apply the patch “IRQ Fix” from RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch · GitHub

I don't see Conexant CX20751 in link you provided. Also how can i find which Conexant ##### do i have?

I don't see Conexant CX20751 in link you provided. Also how can i find which Conexant ##### do i have?

You can find out your audio codec by examining an audio codec dump from Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back