Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your laptop may or may not be NGFF.
You need to verify that first.
It is NGFF, but like most of Lenovo laptops, it implements a Wi-Fi whitelist that has to be patched in order to use 3rd-party cards...

It is NGFF, but like most of Lenovo laptops, it implements a Wi-Fi whitelist that has to be patched in order to use 3rd-party cards...

Knew the Z50-70 was NGFF, but was not sure about the G40-70.
Physical inspection always a good idea, hence the suggestion to verify.
Seems that BIOS patching thread is linked from post #1.

Knew the Z50-70 was NGFF, but was not sure about the G40-70.
Physical inspection always a good idea, hence the suggestion to verify.
Seems that BIOS patching thread is linked from post #1.

Thank you for the help. I checked the back of the laptop.
It is indeed NGFF. I have already ordered the card on the link I have found.
Hoping that it works well.

Edit: I just read the seller page. The ebay link says that it does not work for HP/Lenovo laptops. Is that due to the bios whitelist? or due to different configurations?

Last edited:
Hi there ,
I done all tax providing above,
everything is working fine. But the brightness is not working ,
the brightness key in my keyboard is working but it can't control the brightness level .

I go to the system pref >display and trying to control the brightness but it did not affected by moving the brightness slider .

Last edited:
Hi there ,
the brightness key in my keyboard is working but it can't control the brightness level .

I go to the system pref >display and trying to control the brightness but it did not affected by moving the brightness slider .

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hi there ,

It is because I hadn't update the repo to use AppleBacklight injector kext, my bad.
Changes checked to the repo.
Please re-run the scripts again and test.

image.jpg
It is because I hadn't update the repo to use AppleBacklight injector kext, my bad.
Changes checked to the repo.
Please re-run the scripts again and test.

It does not work .

Some portion of my laptop screen is damaged and the black spot on it gradually spread over the screen
See in the pic .
But i don't think that ,it cause the problem ,because it works fine before i install sierra on it
i.e in windows .

View attachment 272972

It does not work .

Some portion of my laptop screen is damaged and the black spot on it gradually spread over the screen
See in the pic .
But i don't think that ,it cause the problem ,because it works fine before i install sierra on it
i.e in windows .
This issue is not relevant to macOS or to this guide. It must be hardware-related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back