Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What don't you understand?

First of all I will have to open my laptop and install Broadcom BCM94352Z card right? and what is BIOS whitelist?

First of all I will have to open my laptop and install Broadcom BCM94352Z card right?

Yes.

and what is BIOS whitelist?

It is code in BIOS that prevents you from using WiFi cards that are not approved by Lenovo.

Yes.

It is code in BIOS that prevents you from using WiFi cards that are not approved by Lenovo.

Thanks man you are just the Best... I may try doing this

Hello. I presume that if we do not care about the conversion to APFS, we can update to High Sierra using the apple store, but at some point we need to copout the EFI file so Clover is able to boot, is this correct? I am not sure I understood where to find the file. Would you be able to expand. Thanks

I am still on El Capitan, but I'd like to update. Can I update directly to HighSierra or is better to update and stay on Sierra?
Any advices?
I have a bootable CCC backup so I can try "experimental" procedures (if any). A clean install is an option too but I'd like to avoid it, too many app to reinstall.

I am still on El Capitan, but I'd like to update. Can I update directly to HighSierra or is better to update and stay on Sierra?
Any advices?
I have a bootable CCC backup so I can try "experimental" procedures (if any). A clean install is an option too but I'd like to avoid it, too many app to reinstall.

As long as you follow the update instructions, should be ok.
But you should do a test run in a separate partition first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back