Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70 El Capitan Using Unibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am here again :)

HDMI out (video) works great with both hdmi to vga and hdmi to dvi adapters.

Now I am facing two strange issues:
  • booting OSX from hdd and/or usb sometimes fails. The installer boots fine.
  • Finder.app crashes and there's no way to restart it.
Permissions are fine, repaired with:
sudo /usr/libexec/repair_packages --repair --standard-pkgs --volume /
I patched my DSDT and SSDTs (SSDT-6 SSDT-7) following the guide linked in the first post and copied DSDT.aml to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, should I copy SSDTs too?
Should I attach original and patched files?

Thanks

P.S. I am still on 10.11.1

Last edited:
I am here again :)

HDMI out (video) works great with both hdmi to vga and hdmi to dvi adapters.

Now I am facing two strange issues:
  • booting OSX from hdd and/or usb sometimes fails. The installer boots fine.
  • Finder.app crashes and there's no way to restart it.
Permissions are fine, repaired with:
sudo /usr/libexec/repair_packages --repair --standard-pkgs --volume /
I patched my DSDT and SSDTs (SSDT-6 SSDT-7) following the guide linked in the first post and copied DSDT.aml to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, should I copy SSDTs too?
Should I attach original and patched files?

Thanks

P.S. I am still on 10.11.1

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Here you go!
Removed themes folder from clover.zip

Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
No need for PartitionDxe.efi.
No need for NTFS.efi.

Your ACPI configuration is incorrect. As detailed in the guide, renames must be applied equally. You have done some renames in DSDT.aml (GFX0->IGPU) but are using all OEM SSDTs. You must do the same renames in all SSDTs with references to the same symbol.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
No need for PartitionDxe.efi.
No need for NTFS.efi.

Your ACPI configuration is incorrect. As detailed in the guide, renames must be applied equally. You have done some renames in DSDT.aml (GFX0->IGPU) but are using all OEM SSDTs. You must do the same renames in all SSDTs with references to the same symbol.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Removing useless drivers now.
I patched SSDTs too, should I put them in patched folder? How can I drop only patched SSDTs in clover?

Removing useless drivers now.
I patched SSDTs too, should I put them in patched folder? How can I drop only patched SSDTs in clover?

They are not patched unless placed in ACPI/patched.

You must put all SSDTs there (patched or not). DropOem=true must be used to exclude OEM SSDTs.

It is all covered in the ACPI patching guide (previously linked).

You cannot drop individual patched SSDTs, as doing so will upset the order (also covered in the guide).

They are not patched unless placed in ACPI/patched.

You must put all SSDTs there (patched or not). DropOem=true must be used to exclude OEM SSDTs.

It is all covered in the ACPI patching guide (previously linked).

You cannot drop individual patched SSDTs, as doing so will upset the order (also covered in the guide).

Yep you're right... I read it late in the night and missed something :p
Fixing now.

Probably dumb question: can I copy .aml from origin to patched if not patched?

Last question (I hope), I am eager of informations and knowledge, wich is the best way to update? app store or combo?

thank you

as usual I'll provide feedback after the fixes :)

Last edited:
Last question (I hope), I am eager of informations and knowledge, wich is the best way to update? app store or combo?

With a correct Clover setup, you can update right from the App Store, just like you would on a real Mac.

Probably dumb question: can I copy .aml from origin to patched if not patched?

You can, but keep in mind they must be patched if they refer to identifiers that were renamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back