Hi....
i searched and finally found another fptw64.exe
I used it and now my new wireless card is accepted by the system. Thank you all
can you please upload or send the link
I tried many versions from many site with no luck
all failed even with the lid trick

Edit:
thanks to @ceasione
you can check post 102 to download the fpt ...

Last edited:
can you please upload or send the link
I tried many versions from many site with no luck
all failed even with the lid trick

Edit:
thanks to @ceasione
you can check post 102 to download the fpt ...
I find this (can't remember where), and it works fine for me
good luck for your job

Attachments

• FPTW64.exe.zip
    726.9 KB · Views: 364
I followed all the steps, but when I get to the last step to flash the new BIOS using fptw64.exe, I get some errors:

Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space!

I read that you can bypass this error by putting the computer to sleep mode, and then waking it. I tried it and then I got a different error. Here's the entire output:

Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool. Version: 10.0.30.1054
Copyright (c) 2007 - 2014, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Platform: Intel(R) Premium Express Chipset
Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

--- Flash Devices Found ---
EN25QH64 ID:0x1C7017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)

PDR Region does not exist.
GBE Region does not exist.

- Reading Flash [0x800000] 4096KB of 4096KB - 100% complete.

Error 7: Hardware sequencing failed. Make sure that you have access to target flash area!
Trying to erase the same block (iteration: 2)

Error 7: Hardware sequencing failed. Make sure that you have access to target flash area!
Trying to erase the same block (iteration: 3)

Failed to erase this block 3 times!!

I also tried many different versions of the Intel Flash Programming Tool I found on various sites (v11.0.01160, v2.0.0.2060, v9.5.0.1428) and I always got the same error. Is there another tool (not fptw64.exe) I could try?

If anyone knows how to bypass this error, please reply.

recheck everything maybe you miss something.
I flash it successfully before 4 months (I used fptw64 from post no.102" page 11")
the error seems that you did not enable Bios Back Flash option /or you did not downgrade to 26WW bios version

recheck everything maybe you miss something.
I flash it successfully before 4 months (I used fptw64 from post no.102" page 11")
the error seems that you did not enable Bios Back Flash option /or you did not downgrade to 26WW bios version
I think I forgot to downgrade my BIOS ;). It was at the very end of the guide and did not notice it. I'll try it and report back.

OK, now I made sure the Back Flash option was enabled in BIOS, booted into Windows 10 and flashed the old BIOS (9acn26ww), restarted and verified the old BIOS was installed, continued into Windows 10 and attempted to flash the modified BIOS (9ACN32WW) again, making sure to run cmd.exe as Admin.

Unfortunately, I got the same error as before (Error 7). I tried the Intel Flash Programming Tool versions 10.0.30.1054 and 9.5.0.1428 (downloaded from links in this thread).

So basically I'm stuck on the last step...

One thing that puzzles me: you say you used fptw64 downloaded from this GitHub link. But the files in the link do not contain a 64-bit version (no fptw64.exe) just the 32-bit version (fptw.exe). Did you use fptw.exe?

Last edited:
yes, but I do not remember which FTK version worked for me.

OK I finally was able to figure it out. In desperation, I went to BIOS and reloaded the optimized defaults for Windows 8. I had not made any changes to the settings but I was grasping at straws at this point.

And to my delight and surprise, it worked. I was able to flash the new modified BIOS using the Intel Flash Programming Tool version 10.0.60.3000. I downloaded it from this link (which was previously mentioned in post #179). I suspect that version 9.5 of the FPT would work as well.

So far its working fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back