Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70 and Z50-70 Bios whitelist removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. I found ... but now I have an error
View attachment 447132
I have the same problem. I*am on Version 26 and i try to overwrite with a modded version of 26. What could be the problem? I have make everything what is inside the first Tread of the Post. Thanks for your Help.

Edit:

1. close the lid and wait for the laptop to sleep
  2. open then lid to wake up the laptop
  3. type:
    Code:
    fptw64.exe -f bios.bin -bios

and works ;-)

Last edited:
i have successfull lenovo z40-70. thanks for tutorial

I have the same problem. I*am on Version 26 and i try to overwrite with a modded version of 26. What could be the problem? I have make everything what is inside the first Tread of the Post. Thanks for your Help.

Edit:

1. close the lid and wait for the laptop to sleep
  2. open then lid to wake up the laptop
  3. type:
    Code:
    fptw64.exe -f bios.bin -bios

and works ;-)
Thanks Dude! I can't believe it was such a simple solution... but success!!!
Now i reboot :D

Hello. Sorry for my English. I have modified BIOS v26, but I can't flash it.

Error 201: [FPTw64.exe] cannot be run on the current platform.
Please contact your vendor.
Been through AFUDOS, 46 - Error: Problem getting flash information

Help, maybe I didn't understand something.

Hi daigosx,

Thanks for your great post about removing whitelist on Lenovo G50-70. I did everything you told in the post and I had no errors. Lastly I applied command "fptw64.exe -f bios.bin -bios" and it waited 2 seconds then showed no errors. I did all these while the old wifi card was on. Then I replaced the new intel AX201 wifi card. But it did not recognized.
My aim is not to setup a Mac Os X. I just want to use 5GHZ wifi.
Can you help me what is wrong?

Hi daigosx,

Thanks for your great post about removing whitelist on Lenovo G50-70. I did everything you told in the post and I had no errors. Lastly I applied command "fptw64.exe -f bios.bin -bios" and it waited 2 seconds then showed no errors. I did all these while the old wifi card was on. Then I replaced the new intel AX201 wifi card. But it did not recognized.
My aim is not to setup a Mac Os X. I just want to use 5GHZ wifi.
Can you help me what is wrong?
Not recognized by OS?

Not recognized by bios. I mean it gives the same message telling the wifi card is not accepted as soon as I start the laptop.

Hi guys,
I followed the guide at the beginning of the post.
unfortunately when I give the command "fptw64.exe -f bios.bin -bios" it starts but after a second it stops without giving me any error.
Is it correct as behavior?
I believe the version of fptw64 I found is not working correctly. Please, do you have a link for "fptw64" to send me?
Or is there another programmer I can use?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back