Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70 and Z50-70 Bios whitelist removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finish now to flashing the BIOS, after 5 hours almost.
Some things are not totally clear, I spent time to found and research missed bios and programs. Someone could be read everything all the useful info and links to write a 2.0 guide.

I found a broken link to download Andy'sPhoneixtools. I have one here
@daigosx can you add this link in the #1 post?

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/492b016c

Cheers!!!!!

Last edited:
Hi to All,
I have followed the instruction to remove WhiteList from my Lenovo Z50-70.
No problem during the procedure, except an hang during the shut down of the laptop after flashing modded bios.
But now, in the bios I see the correct version of the bios (9bcn91ww), but the old EC version 9BCN26WW.
Something wrong?

Thanks in adwance

Last edited:
Confirmatiom from my side - everything o.k. almost perfect. And same situation with EC version like macap (post #319). But with no any issue. BCM94352z card is recognized.
Lenovo Z50-70 - i3 proc, intel HD4400 graphic.
Also, maybe important for someone - I did it on Windows 7.

Hi,

I've just installed a new Wifi module (AC9260) on my Lenovo G5070 and removed the whitelist restriction in the 9ACN32WW bios using the tutorial on the first page of this thread.

Here's the step by step process:

- Install the 9ACN32WW bios using Lenovo installer
- Dump the bios using Universal bios backup
- Activate the "downgrade" option in the BIOS
- Install the 9ACN30WW bios using Lenovo installer (you need to downgrade cause it's not possible to write the modified BIOS on the same version)
- Follow the Phoenix tool guide on the first page (you have to find the xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-1BE4CD8B33A6_xxxx.ROM file and modify the same hex values as mentionned in the tutorial)
- Flash the modded BIOS with fptw

It worked flawlessly, thanks DaigOSX!

Note: I also upgraded my LCD screen (the original one had many dead pixel lines). I ordered a AUO B156HAN04.1 lcd panel which is Full HD (the original one was a 1366x768 panel) . It took less than 10 minute to install the new one and the quality is amazing (deeper black ,better viewing angle, better definition of course and it seems like the power comsumption is lower...)

Hi,

I've just installed a new Wifi module (AC9260) on my Lenovo G5070 and removed the whitelist restriction in the 9ACN32WW bios using the tutorial on the first page of this thread.

- Install the 9ACN30WW bios using Lenovo installer (you need to downgrade cause it's not possible to write the modified BIOS on the same version)
- Follow the Phoenix tool guide on the first page (you have to find the xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-1BE4CD8B33A6_xxxx.ROM file and modify the same hex values as mentionned in the tutorial)

Note: I also upgraded my LCD screen (the original one had many dead pixel lines). I ordered a AUO B156HAN04.1 lcd panel which is Full HD (the original one was a 1366x768 panel) . It took less than 10 minute to install the new one and the quality is amazing (deeper black ,better viewing angle, better definition of course and it seems like the power comsumption is lower...)

Hi,

Hey man, I wanted to ask, I have the same laptop and the screen brightness doesn't adjust, no battery management and the EFI doesn't boot on HDD but on installation drive. Which OSX version did you install and is the hackintosh fully responding?

Hey man, I wanted to ask, I have the same laptop and the screen brightness doesn't adjust, no battery management and the EFI doesn't boot on HDD but on installation drive. Which OSX version did you install and is the hackintosh fully responding?
Have a look here

Where can I find ftpw64. exe? :)
Google does not help much. Thanks

ok. I found ... but now I have an error
Capture.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back