Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70 and Z50-70 Bios whitelist removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude i don't know how it worked now....i was able to flash my Modded BIOS HURRAY

Now he next step is to replace my existing WIFI card to BCM943602BAED which is delivery 3 days

I want to replace on my own....could you please suggest me a good tool kit which i can purchase online ????

I can't get a success. I have tried all methods from this nearly 200 posts.
I have used dos tools and win tools. I have also tried to update with the original tool, but it checked at the reboot that the bios file was corrupted.
With all fpt tools i have error 28 or not compatible to this version.
I think the sleep bug doesn't exist on my laptop.
Before i downgraded to v26 I have v32. Be there any known issues after an update to v32?

I have used Windows 7 for patching, maybe any other windows is more recommended?
There is also one benefit. So it's harder to brick the device ;-)

Now, it worked and like many people here, i don't know why?!
In the morning I installad win8 on the laptop, and it doesn't worked.
Maybe there are different sleep modes?? With the fresh installation wake up from sleep mode comes the lenovo logo first and the error 28 comes when i try to patch it. After hours of trying different ways to flash, after the sleep mode (it looked like that it sleeps in an other way) it worked. It is only the 26 bios version but I'm happy that it worked. And to be honest I'm afraid of patching again and it maybe won't work again.

Sry for my bad english and thank you very much for this tutorial.

Now, it worked and like many people here, i don't know why?!
In the morning I installad win8 on the laptop, and it doesn't worked.
Maybe there are different sleep modes?? With the fresh installation wake up from sleep mode comes the lenovo logo first and the error 28 comes when i try to patch it. After hours of trying different ways to flash, after the sleep mode (it looked like that it sleeps in an other way) it worked. It is only the 26 bios version but I'm happy that it worked. And to be honest I'm afraid of patching again and it maybe won't work again.

Sry for my bad english and thank you very much for this tutorial.

Sounds like you were hibernating the laptop, not sleeping.
Hibernate: suspend to disk (ACPI S4).
Sleep: suspend to RAM (ACPI S3).

Hi!
I tried the guide to remove the whitelist on my z50-70 with 26 bios but I have problems when trying to use fptw64.
I tried different versions of fptw64 but always have a 366 or 284 error with the "Fail to load driver (PCI access for Windows).
tool needs to run with an administrator priviledge account."
message. But I run cmd as administrator, and also tried from the administrator account.

I'm working with Windows 10 Home.
Anybody knows other way to flash the bios? maybe from a bootable usb?

Thank people.

Update: Someone from bios-mods forum told me that a good choice should try to use a usb unit with Windows 7 on it to flash the bios. So I will try Windows 7 embedded.

Last edited:
Hi, I tried many ways and can´t make fptw64.exe works. May I use this method to flash my mod rom to phoenix bios?
Is it safe for this procedure?
https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-update/
I have a Z40-70 with 9BCN91WW
Tks!!

I have a lenovo g480 (20156) laptop, You guys have any idea how to remove wifi card whitelist from this?

I have a lenovo g480 (20156) laptop, You guys have any idea how to remove wifi card whitelist from this?

Check site like bios-mods.com.

@braveknight

I have the same laptop as you have.

You had originally Realtek 8723BE wi-fi card in your laptop right?

I can see it's a M.2 form factor. But is it A and E Key? Or just A key or E Key?

Thanks in advance.

@braveknight

I have the same laptop as you have.

You had originally Realtek 8723BE wi-fi card in your laptop right?

I can see it's a M.2 form factor. But is it A and E Key? Or just A key or E Key?

Thanks in advance.
I honestly have no idea, I had AR9565 and changed it with a BCM94352Z, then with a BCM943602BAED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back