Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70 and Z50-70 Bios whitelist removal

Finally I am able to make the bin file, Thanks to :
"submodule to be inserted has invalid common header" error message in phoenixtools -- this is because when i edited using HxD, it created a .bak file, just have to delete the .bak file

And FPTW worked too.. here is a list of versions for fptw tool...
http://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html
v9.5 worked for me (section:System Tools Full Package).

Thanks to diagosx for this wonderful share..

I can use 8260 on Z50-70 now :)

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell Precision m3800
CPU
Core i7 4702HQ
Graphics
Quadro K1100m, Intel HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hi guys,

i dont know if it's just me, but ever since i did the whitelist removal, lenovo's energy manager conservation mode doesn't stick. i have 2 hdds, one for windows and one for mac. before whitelist removal, i would set conservation mode on lenovo's energy management software so as to prevent the battery from charging over 60%, even when i turned off the laptop, and turn it back on, the settings would stick. even when i was on mac os, battery would stop charging. BUT after the whitelist removal, settings wouldn't stick, it would stick when i do a restart but if i turn the laptop off and back on, conservation mode is off again. has anyone noticed this?

thanks

Motherboard
Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
CPU
i7-4510U
Graphics
HD Graphics 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thanks, this also worked with the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro

Can you please help me to patch another BIOS? From Lenovo G550 the bios file is LENOVO-18CN42WW(V2.51).rom. The dump directory contains no file how described in page 1 (11D378C2-B472-412F-AD87-1BE4CD8B33A6_xxxx.ROM). Which file do I have to edit? I send you directory list.

PS: I'm so happy! I found 18CN42WW-Bios original and whitelist removed Version 2.55.
And it worked fine. No error message after installing Intel Wireless AC 7260.

Attachments

• dir.txt
    34.4 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Motherboard
Lenovo Y700-15ISK
CPU
I7-6700HQ
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This question may be embarrassing is there a chance that this can work on lenovo g510 i5-4200?

Motherboard
hp
CPU
sandy bridge
Graphics
7690m xt
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello guys, this guide can work on lenovo y50-70, 4700hq and 860m gtx? i need to remove whitelist

before reflashing make sure the bytes are exactly as the image in the bin file then proceed then you will have higher chance of success

Motherboard
Lenovo G50-70-Clover
CPU
i7-4500U
Graphics
HD 4400
I have a Lenovo G50-70, I followed the procedure step by step, but when I run fptw64 I get something like that:
- Reading Flash - 100% complete.
- Erasing Flash Block - 100% complete.
- Programming Flash - 100% complete.
- Verifying Flash 100% complete.
Error 204: Data verify mismatch found
The BIOS is not corrupted anyway, I tried rebooting and it just works as it did before, I can access BIOS setup as well.
Update: it seems like the tool doesn't write anything to my BIOS at all. A friend of mine has a G50-70, I extracted his bios and tried to flash it on mine, but I got error 204 again. It seems like the tool erases the part that has to be modified, writes the modified BIOS and reads again in order to be sure that it wrote what it had to be written. I tried to flash several times, and when I try to flash the original bios I had backed up when I first tried the procedure, the tool skips the operation because it says that the bios I want to flash is the same BIOS I already have. I also noticed something strange, I'm not able to update using any Lenovo tool anymore, when the system reboots it takes me to the clover screen, and if I change any setting in the BIOS setup and save, when I reboot it's just like if I didn't make any modifications, it always loads the bios default settings. Another strange thing is that if I try to access the bios setup using FN + F2 the notebook gets stuck, I can still access the bios using the novo button anyway. I receive the windows 10 slow ring preview builds, could it be a problem? I tried to flash using fpt.efi from EFI shell, but I get error 28 as I can't use the sleep bug there.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Lenovo G50-70 - Clover 2.4k_r4334
CPU
i5-4210
Graphics
HD4400
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I try from usb and DOS but now get error "280: Failed to disable write protection for the bios space.
I give up !!

Go first back to install the official 9ACN26WW, than go into the bios and disable Secure Boot and enable Bios Downgrade.
Before doing the fptw64.exe depending which version you use, I use FTK10. Close the lid of the laptop till the laptop sleeps, than open up and do the fptw.

I had the same problems and thats how I figured it out, always go back to the 9ACN26WW version after you did the bios altering of the newest version.