Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo G50-70 and Z50-70 Bios whitelist removal

CPU
Intel dual core 2.59ghz
Graphics
Nvidia 820M / Intel DH 4400
Ok, so I finally managed to flash my bios using FPT 9.5. But when i switch with the BCM943602BAED_2 , windows says that no wifi device is detected.

Here's my bios image attached to the post. Can anyone tell me if I flashed it right or not ? Thanks !

Attachments

CPU
Intel Core i7 4702MQ
Graphics
intel HD 4600
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
i have error 7 In fptw tool
error 7: hardware sequencing failed. Make sure that you have acces to target flash area!

how can i fix that?

Motherboard
Dell Precision m3800
CPU
Core i7 4702HQ
Graphics
Quadro K1100m, Intel HD4600
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
hi daigosx and rehabman,

i just got my wifi card, BCM943602BAED. I have not started modding the bios yet, reading instructions and comments of other users first. I have a question though, at the part --

Your image is now being extracted, be patient and press OK to the two info popup.
When the extraction process finishes, in the Manufacturer dropdown list choose Lenovo and once done press the Advanced button. In the Options window check the options marked with red in the image

--I can see that "No SLIC" needs to be checked. This has something to do with my Windows license or am I wrong, would clicking on it affect my Windows license?

thanks

Motherboard
Dell Precision m3800
CPU
Core i7 4702HQ
Graphics
Quadro K1100m, Intel HD4600
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
took the plunge and just did it and was successful. problems i encountered were:

1. "submodule to be inserted has invalid common header" error message in phoenixtools -- this is because when i edited using HxD, it created a .bak file, just have to delete the .bak file

2. had problems with ftpw64.exe, someone posted a link for an updated version, v9 and v10, just do some backreading. yes the versions 9 and 10 are 32bit versions, but they worked on my 64bit system.

rehabman, daigosx, i got to retain my windows license, so i guess SLIC in this case is not connected to the license. please correct me if im wrong, trying to learn, thanks

just want to add, was successful in removing whitelist, but this wifi card is headache if you're also using it on windows, couldn't get bluetooth to work properly. i have 2 ssd's, windows 8.1 and el capitan.

Hi, since no described method worked on my z50-70, I downloaded the bios installation file from Lenovo's site, I unziped it with 7zip, I extracted the file isflash.fd, i have it modified following post # 1 instructions write by @daigosx, I re-inserted it into the bios update package and started the software. My laptop has restarted but gave me a "invalid firmware image" error. Solutions?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Lenovo G40-70-Clover
CPU
i3-4005U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
File not found
Nevermind, I acquired the files from previous posts.
I also successfully patched my G40-70! :clap:
Thank you so much daigosx for the guide.
Now I just need to order the card I saw on ebay...