Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Lenovo 510s 14-ISK using OpenCore UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me with de hdmi black screen and de audio, i made a copy and paste of the EFI folder published because i hace same laptop but the mine is with i5 6200u, Intel HD 520, thanks, please

Is it stable or nah?
It is stable for me. I can use it normally for tasks such as compiling software, browsing, doing graphics. It is a little slower if you need video editing but I think it is globally stable.

Can anyone help me with de hdmi black screen and de audio, i made a copy and paste of the EFI folder published because i hace same laptop but the mine is with i5 6200u, Intel HD 520, thanks, please
Read the guide posted in post #1 for audio: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...al/audio.html#making-layout-id-more-permanent.

The HDMI black screen a problem that is not totally fixed for me. I have to disconnect and re-connect the cable to get the laptop screen back to work.

Read the guide posted in post #1 for audio: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...al/audio.html#making-layout-id-more-permanent.

The HDMI black screen a problem that is not totally fixed for me. I have to disconnect and re-connect the cable to get the laptop screen back to work.
try locking the screen with the HDMI cable connected. then unlock. once you do this after you boot then you can hot plug and unplug the hdmi. screen will flash black for 2 seconds then reappear

Last edited:
Hey Uchika

I have got the trackpad to work properly using the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext - It now appears as proper touchpad in system prefs :)

I am still having issues with my Geekbench score, the laptop feels stable but it's appearing very low in comparison to your score you posted - if you have a chance could I grab a copy of your .EFI just to see if I have messed something up :)

-

For anyone reading remove the VoodooPS2Controller Kext using

sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

And install the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext using Hackintool
thanks i tried but i couldn't reconfigure f11 and f12 keys for brightness

Hey Uchika,

Thanks for this guide :) - I have been following your guide and have got my Lenovo 510s-14isk up and running and it feels quite stable.

There are a few issues I am working through like the sleep wake up time, currently about 10 seconds and also a HDMI port issue, where the screen won’t turn on if the system boots with a monitor attached.

I think I can solve these 2 issues, but the big problem I am having is that my geek bench score appears really low.

My single core is 750 and my multi core is 1450!

I noticed yours were about 4x higher - Would it be possible to have a copy of your EFI to see if I have messed something up!

Thanks, David
I have the same problems. Have you resolved the low score in geekbench? If so, how?

Ahh... it was on geekbench 4
Now it's all clear

Have you tried to update to big sur ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back