Graphics
Gigabyte RX 460
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
[Guide] Lenovo 3000 N100 10.11.6

Preface

Hello, today I'm very excited to say I got my good old Lenovo 3000 N100 up and running the latest version of El Capitan. To put this into perspective, this laptop was released in 2006. Oddly enough, it runs OS X pretty well (for it's age).

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 @2.0 GHz (Upgraded from stock T2060 @1.6 Ghz)
3GB RAM @ 667 Mhz
Intel 945GM Graphics
120GB HD
Broadcom BCM4322 Wifi (Aftermarket purchase)

Notes
This OG SwagBook Pro (That's what I'm calling it lol) is almost (but not quite) adequate for daily use. I'm utterly shocked that this machine can even run OS X, let alone at a sufficient speed. Under Windows this machine was completely unusable. I've had similarly spec'd Macbook Pros from the same time period and they ran slower than this thing. Anyway, for any of you that want to try this on your old N100, let me point out that you need one with a 64 bit CPU. Some of these laptops were configured with 64 bit C2Ds, but it was 2006, so the majority were 32 bit Core Duos. The CPU I picked up was under $5 with free shipping, so it was well worth it for me. Here is a link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-2-Duo-T7200-2-0GHz-4MB-Dual-Core-Processor-Socket-M-w-Grease-/331493312437?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2e8a87b5

If you don't want to spend the $5 to modernize your laptop, I had marginal success with a vanilla Snow Leopard install.

What's not working (yet):
Power management / Sleep (Involves patching a DSDT, which I kept having problems with)
Battery indicator (^)
Ethernet

OK, moving on...

Step 1.

Create a bootable installer. Use the attached copy of my EFI folder in my EFI partition to configure your bootable USB correctly.

Step 2.

Boot to the installer in verbose mode. Install OS X as normal.

Step 3. Install Clover on the internal drive. Copy the attached EFI folder to the root of your EFI partition on your internal hard drive. Make sure to edit your SMBIOS and RTVariables in Clover Configure to make everything work properly (including iMessage, FaceTime, App Store, iCloud, etc)

Step 4. WIN!!!

I had some trouble attempting to patch my DSDT, so I gave up. No power management/sleep for me :/ If someone more experienced than me is willing to give it a shot, by all means go ahead.

Bugs

Issue: Audio interference/feedback/hearing the mic through the speakers
Fix: Edit VoodooHDA Info.plist and set "iGain" to from 80 to 0.

Issue: Video playback in Chrome is extremely choppy
Fix: None. going to "chrome://flags" and enabling "Disable Hardware acceleration" helps slightly

Issue: Occassional freezes for about 20 seconds, with only the mouse being able to move
Fix: None as of yet.

Thanks for reading. Please feel free to ask questions and comment if you have fixes for any of these things

:headbang:

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks,在你的指导下,我准备开始装黑苹果,如果有问题还要向你请教,希望你多多包含。
机型:Lenovo Sunrise 410M
CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 @2.0 GHz (Upgraded from stock T2060 @1.6 Ghz)
Kingstong 2GB RAM
Intel 945GM Graphics

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks for your guide. I have a N100 (type 0678), same CPU with you.
Use your EFI file, installation fail - stop at "waiting for root device"

have try All 4 usb port, different USB stick, some boot flag, no luck.
however, use your EFI.zip to install 10.9. the installation going, although fail at last 3%.

my question is: any usb patch in your EFI? thanks

Last edited:
Motherboard
Biostar Z370-Gt6
CPU
Graphics
SF Rx580 OC
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
thanks for sharing! My Lenovo Sunrise C461m running!

Motherboard
Biostar Z370-Gt6
CPU
Graphics
SF Rx580 OC
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
cpu locked on 900mhz.