Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> GUIDE: Legion y530 MOJAVE 10.14 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
at the momento these ubs-c adapter dose not work
is there a way to remove the patch quickly so that HDMI works alone? Put it back when the job is done ...

is there a way to remove the patch quickly so that HDMI works alone? Put it back when the job is done ...
it might be not posible so far, Nvidia requires to bee disabled in order to boot MacOS

Hi, I will buy this laptop, mine comes with a 250gb SSD M.2 NVME, is there any issue with NVME disks or nothing to worry about? If there is any trouble with NVME i can try a regular M.2 SSD...

Hi, I will buy this laptop, mine comes with a 250gb SSD M.2 NVME, is there any issue with NVME disks or nothing to worry about? If there is any trouble with NVME i can try a regular M.2 SSD...
@RaviKavaiya told me that the installation goes as usual. for more information check post #1

I followed this guide and it was all good, I managed to install Mojave and it worked. But since then I have reverted back to windows but now my Nvidia graphics card is not working anymore. I’ve checked the bios and all seems good. I even went into the BIOS and pressed F9 to reset bios to defaults and then boot into windows. But it’s only using intel onboard graphics and the Nvidia shows an error and has been disabled when I check device manager.
Any ideas on what the issue would be ?

@RaviKavaiya told me that the installation goes as usual. for more information check post #1
No I mean I followed the install perfectly and I got Mojave installed. It worked and then I formatted the disk and reinstalled windows. But now my Nvidia card is not working. I’m wondering if it was not one of those Kext that somehow permanently disabled my Nvidia card?

No I mean I followed the install perfectly and I got Mojave installed. It worked and then I formatted the disk and reinstalled windows. But now my Nvidia card is not working. I’m wondering if it was not one of those Kext that somehow permanently disabled my Nvidia card?

I don't think so.
You are assuming that some of the kext has messed with your nvidia. That is false. Because, (As much as I understand), whenever we run macos from Clover, it runs as an another layer (much like Virtualization).

So, OUTSIDE clover, everything is NORMAL.

---------------

Now coming to your problem, (Sorry maintainers, as this may be off-topic. Apologies) This is purely a Driver problem. So, Go to Settings>Apps & Features, and Uninstall all the nVidia related drivers from it. RESTART the system.

Remember, do not download graphics driver (intel or nvidia) from Lenovo... They work, but are sometimes corrupted and are old versions(Experience this many many times).

So, download nvidia driver from THIS LINK. Install it.

If it still doesn't work, I would suggest you to Clean Install Windows Again. Then, install the drivers (Remember, DO NOT start internet connection until drivers installed. Otherwise, Windows Update may itself install drivers automatically).
After installing, you can turn on the internet.

One more thing, as you are a newcomer, please read the rules and update your profile->Account details to show the kind of system you are using. (You can see my profile for a demo).

This makes it easy to debug problems, and required by senior members of this forum.

One more thing, as you are a newcomer, please read the rules and update your profile->Account details to show the kind of system you are using. (You can see my profile for a demo).

This makes it easy to debug problems, and required by senior members of this forum.
Thank You so much @RaviKavaiya

Well, i bought the 128gb M.2 SSD version of this laptop cause it was cheap, but i was trying to obtain a 250gb M.2 NVME SSD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back