Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> GUIDE: Legion y530 MOJAVE 10.14 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh. I hope you had warned me earlier. I just installed another 8gb ram before a week. :(
Yeah. but that fix came to late for me. Had my final exams on that buggy windows and it crashed my laptop during my exam so i failed school....

Edit: if you have the Y530. and upgrade something.. like the RAM or put in a Mac compatible wifi card. Remove the heatsink and check the thermal paste job on the CPU. Lenovo does a horrible job at pasting... and uses low grade thermal paste.

thanks guy, for share this valuable information! if you have temperatures issues you can activate max speed fans pressing fn+Q and recommend to use a fan cooler base, i bought this: Cooler Master NotePal U2 PLUS and if you want to boost the volume you can download boom 2 app

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I decided to take a y530 and participate in this adventure, I already have experience in programming and in hackintosh, I hope to help you, and I thank you for everything you have done so far !!!
PS:
my English is terrible, but I'll do my best to make myself understood
Hi, if you can take a look at this EFI to see what i'm doing wrong on installing catalina. i know there is no good solution out there but an expert view would definitely shade some light. any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.3 MB · Views: 83
Hi, if you can take a look at this EFI to see what i'm doing wrong on installing catalina. i know there is no good solution out there but an expert view would definitely shade some light. any help would be appreciated
Hi so far cant install Cataline on y530
see these quotes for more information:

Unfortunately, y530 seems to have hardware incompatibility, resulting in the failure to use Catalina, and there is currently no good solution.
Y530 can successfully complete the installation, but can not drive the sound card and graphics card at the same time, see this.
This problem should not be solved
@XiaoM0495

I know this may sound stupid. But I guess the Y530 issue will and can be resolved. But not by you or AppleALC.... But by Lenovo

You see even windows runs poorly on this laptop. It's a faulty model in some way and lenovo is trying its upper best to fix this with bios updates. Maybe a new bios update (or even flashing back an old one) will solve the issue somehow. Last year lenovo released about 4-5 bios updates for the Y530. So à lot of testing will be required.

The reason I think this is gonna work. I had another hackintosh project using my Gigabyte Brix Bsi7-6500. It ran High Sierra without sound. And if I tried mojave or Catalina. I got the same AppleALC kernel panic. Until I didn't inject AppleALC and went without sound.

Now I have this puppy running 10.15 catalina using AppleALC and sound support... Just by updating my 2015 bios to the latest 2019 bios revision.

So yes. I do believe that bios and chipset settings are also responsible for this problem. So I guess we should wait it out and try different bios revisions?

I'm just bought new ssd and I had a problem. When I install Mac OS on new SSD, it has been restarted at about 2 minutes.
My ssd is Samsung PM981.
Can you help me to resolve this. Thank you.
did you install the patch?
Is into hackintosh efi 2.0.3 folder from Xiaomi Github

3. Shield Samsung PM981/PM981a

Add hotpatch/SSDT-DNVMe.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 09.59.20.png

Hi so far cant install Cataline on y530
see these quotes for more information:
thanks for feedback, and is it a permanent thing or simply cant install cause of hardware compatiblity issue?

Y530 can successfully complete the installation, but can not drive the sound card and graphics card at the same time, see this.
would love to see the installation EFI folder to help out for test run, or what contents to use for installation

Quesiton does any one found any solution to sound static it happens when you use airpods cause i cant hear siri or use its microphone with airpods under mojave

Quesiton does any one found any solution to sound static it happens when you use airpods cause i cant hear siri or use its microphone with airpods under mojave
i have encounter problems connecting bluetooth speakers or headphones, so far the only thing that can help are these
Try turning off Intel Virtual Technology in the BIOS

Try installing BrcmFirmwareRepo and BrcmPatchRAM2 to L/E.(...)

Last edited:
i have encounter problems connecting bluetooth speakers or headphones, so far the only thing that can help are these
Thanks for the feedback appreciated hopefully it helps
#updates
tried the recomendation by putting those latest kext BrcmRam2, blutootInjector, BrcmRepo onto S/L/E
while puting BcrmData onto clover kext folder seem to did the trick but still get ocassional static on siri voice but its a good sign at least

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back