Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> GUIDE: Legion y530 MOJAVE 10.14 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 439909

I have resolved all issues and successfully upgraded to 10.15.2. I will post an upgrade guide in the next few days. All functions are currently working normally.
congrats looking forward to seeing that post, thank you kindly for your hardworking toward working out the issues.

Updated EFI and BIOS modification guide

Thanks for your work. Below are my some questions:

1). Your latest 3.0 EFI can be used only for Catalina? For Mojave, can we use it?
2). What are the differences between OpenCore and Clover version of your EFI? Can you post screenshots of OpenCore bootloader? I want to see it.
3). Can we do a FRESH installation of Catalina 10.15.2?

4). IMPORTANT : Yesterday, I got BIOS update (For Y530) - 8JCN53WW. I updated BIOS. Will catalina work?

@xiaoM4095 in Y530, I have to change some advanced settings in BIOS menu.
Is this safe? Will Windows work?
I want to know what each setup change means... I could not find what it means.

Thanks for your work. Below are my some questions:

1). Your latest 3.0 EFI can be used only for Catalina? For Mojave, can we use it?
2). What are the differences between OpenCore and Clover version of your EFI? Can you post screenshots of OpenCore bootloader? I want to see it.
3). Can we do a FRESH installation of Catalina 10.15.2?

4). IMPORTANT : Yesterday, I got BIOS update (For Y530) - 8JCN53WW. I updated BIOS. Will catalina work?
I don't use OpenCore, I can't help you with this.My EFI supports 10.13.6-10.15.x by default unless otherwise specified.

@xiaoM4095 in Y530, I have to change some advanced settings in BIOS menu.
Is this safe? Will Windows work?
I want to know what each setup change means... I could not find what it means.
The BIOS setup solution is not provided by me, you can go to this GitHub for consultation.

The BIOS setup solution is not provided by me, you can go to this GitHub for consultation.
So, without modifying bios, can I install Catalina?
Also, a fresh install of Catalina will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back