Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

I removed the 3_graphics_PNLF.txt and compile the DSDT again. but still no brightness bar.
tried add ssdt in sort order, still no luck. any idea?

Read post #1 regarding rebuilding cache and EDID patching.

Keep in mind EmuVariableUefi-64.efi does not work for restoring NVRAM without "RC scripts" (install with Clover installer).
If your NVRAM is working (verify/test with 'nvram' in Terminal), then maybe you need the Fake ALS ... you didn't implement it. See post #1 link for details.

Keys are handed with ACPI patches. See main brightness guide (it is linked from post #1 here). Just looking at your DSDT, I can see that your keys are handled by EC query methods _Q1C and _Q1D. You did not patch them.[/QUOTE]

RC scripts installed with Clover, though there was 0kB[/code][/QUOTE]

Hi RehabMan

Please help me.

I did following action:

- SSDT-PNLF.aml in ACPI/patched
- AppleBacklight patch in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch
- AppleBacklightInjector.kext installed to /L/E

But the brightness slider is gone

I attached my clover

Updated

The problem is solved when i apply patch "Rename IGFX to IGPU0". Now the brightness slider bar is work. Thanks so much

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    15.8 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Hi RehabMan

Please help me.

I did following action:

But the brightness slider is gone

I attached my clover

Updated

The problem is solved when i apply patch "Rename IGFX to IGPU0". Now the brightness slider bar is work. Thanks so much

Your profile is not filled out as per FAQ. Please fix.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi RehabMan

Please help me.

I did following action:

Yet I still can't change brightness. Can you help me?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
Hi RehabMan

Please help me.

I did following action:

Yet I still can't change brightness. Can you help me?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hi @RehabMan I would like to report some findings on my previous issue on why brightness is not set on boot even on properly configured kext, patch and ssdt-pnlf. My issud is due to Display Color Profile. This should be set to default color profile

I have a properly configured kext, patch and ssdt and nvram brightness-level is changing on my birghtness thats set. And upon unlimited time spending on debugging. I have found the issue that I am not using the default color profile. Setting it back to default solved my problem. I hope this can help others who still have problem saving brightness.

Hi @RehabMan I would like to report some findings on my previous issue on why brightness is not set on boot even on properly configured kext, patch and ssdt-pnlf. My issud is due to Display Color Profile. This should be set to default color profile

I have a properly configured kext, patch and ssdt and nvram brightness-level is changing on my birghtness thats set. And upon unlimited time spending on debugging. I have found the issue that I am not using the default color profile. Setting it back to default solved my problem. I hope this can help others who still have problem saving brightness.

It might also be caused by the ALS problem noted/linked in post #1.

It might also be caused by the ALS problem noted/linked in post #1.

I can confirm that it is not caused by ALS as I have patched the ALS problem as stated on Page number 1 on my DSDT.

Back