Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

I followed the guide and it works for 10.12.5. After upgrade to 10.12.6 (16G29), the monitor light brightness control bar is missing. What matter with it?

can I use for only AMD 7570M in Hp Elitebook 8570p?
if it isn't. Can you send me link supoort. thanks

Off-topic.
Post #1 clearly indicates this guide is for Intel graphics only.

I followed the guide and it works for 10.12.5. After upgrade to 10.12.6 (16G29), the monitor light brightness control bar is missing. What matter with it?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I've followed the guide in post #1 and can't get the brightness to work. After booting up, the backlight is off. I have to use the fn F1 key (which I believe is used for max brightness) and the display will then turn on. When I go to display preferences, I see the brightness slider. It is set to max brightness by default and when I decrease the brightness anything less than max, the backlight turns off. When I slide it back to max brightness, I can actually hear the backlight turn on within the internal display. Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong... :(

Attachments

• clover.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 79
I've followed the guide in post #1 and can't get the brightness to work. After booting up, the backlight is off. I have to use the fn F1 key (which I believe is used for max brightness) and the display will then turn on. When I go to display preferences, I see the brightness slider. It is set to max brightness by default and when I decrease the brightness anything less than max, the backlight turns off. When I slide it back to max brightness, I can actually hear the backlight turn on within the internal display. Please help me figure out what I'm doing wrong... :(

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Sorry for my ignorance, but is it my config.plist, SSDT.aml files, DSDT.aml files, or something totally different? I followed that guide the best I could several times.

DropOem=true is required when patched SSDTs are in ACPI/patched.
You also have the wrong set of files in ACPI/patched.
Correct set would be:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-PNLF.aml (this guide)
Any additional SSDTs you need (eg. SSDT-ALC256.aml)

SortedOrder should be set accordingly.

Details are in the guide.

DropOem=true is required when patched SSDTs are in ACPI/patched.
You also have the wrong set of files in ACPI/patched.
Correct set would be:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-PNLF.aml (this guide)
Any additional SSDTs you need (eg. SSDT-ALC256.aml)

SortedOrder should be set accordingly.

Details are in the guide.

Followed the guide again. Attached new clover configuration. Sadly, same results.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
Back