Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

Hi RehabMan I'm trying to patch EDID since my brightness control won't show after following your guide here and changing GFX0 > IGPU. but I can't find config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject and config.plist/Graphics/EDID/ProductID in my config.plist file. is that my clover not detecting my EDID?
below is my screenshot of config.plist graphics
thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 7.24.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 7.24.31 AM.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 118
Hi RehabMan I'm trying to patch EDID since my brightness control won't show after following your guide here and changing GFX0 > IGPU. but I can't find config.plist/Graphics/EDID/Inject and config.plist/Graphics/EDID/ProductID in my config.plist file. is that my clover not detecting my EDID?
below is my screenshot of config.plist graphics
thanks!

Typically, we are not using Inject/Intel=true anymore due to using Devices/Properties for WhateverGreen.
But if you're using Inject/Intel=true, you simply add the required EDID settings.

Typically, we are not using Inject/Intel=true anymore due to using Devices/Properties for WhateverGreen.
But if you're using Inject/Intel=true, you simply add the required EDID settings.
Is there any different between those 2 method in result?
and if still using inject/intel=true, so I just simply add the required EDID settings like I did below?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 7.49.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 7.49.03 AM.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 95
Is there any different between those 2 method in result?
and if still using inject/intel=true, so I just simply add the required EDID settings like I did below?

ProductID is not a valid option under Graphics/Inject.

Attachments

• debug_17240.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 67
You may need to patch EDID product Id as per post 1.
If I did that correctly it still does not work this way. Since it works without the kext, is there any potential issue with not using it?

Attachments

• debug_1322.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 81
If I did that correctly it still does not work this way. Since it works without the kext, is there any potential issue with not using it?
You cannot use Graphics/EDID with Devices/Properties. (EDID setting ignored). Must inject with Properties.

ProductID is not a valid option under Graphics/Inject.
oh okay
So I just figured it out like this.. is it correct?
thanks for your reply!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 3.45.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 3.45.37 PM.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 142
Back