Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

I will go back to 10.12.3 to use the ACPIBacklight
Thanks

ACPIBacklight.kext can be used on 10.12.4 (and later) if you use "Brightness by bergdesign" instead of native controls.

As per guide, ACPIBacklight.kext must not be installed.
Thanks Rehabman! Removing ACPIBacklight.kext fixed the issue.

But I have been facing graphics glitch or image graphic distorted while using certain apps or Chrome browser. It happening only on internal monitor.

Attaching screen shot, anything am I missing here

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 10.26.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 10.26.23 PM.png
    281 KB · Views: 94
ACPIBacklight.kext can be used on 10.12.4 (and later) if you use "Brightness by bergdesign" instead of native controls.

Now I am using ACPIBacklight.kext + old Brightness fix(HD3000/4000) + Brightness.app, it works well.
with newest Brightness fix(HD3000/4000), the maximum brightness is 20% of the Windows(since you updated this pacth

It is about 10.10 or 10.11, I found that this patch does not allow me to get the same maximum brightness as before(maybe you updated the pacth at that time),so I cut the old patch from the previous DSDT,and it worked again.

I found that the different parts really work is this part:Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)

I replaced the Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized) in the new Brightness fix(HD3000/4000) with the Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized) in old Brightness fix(HD3000/4000),this gives me the maximum brightness again.

Could you please modify the Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized) in SSDT-PNLF.aml to make it looks like old Method in old Brightness fix patch?

Here are the Brightness fix(HD3000/4000)

Attachments

• old Brightness fix.dsl
    5.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
But I have been facing graphics glitch or image graphic distorted while using certain apps or Chrome browser. It happening only on internal monitor.

Attaching screen shot, anything am I missing here

Off-topic.

Now I am using ACPIBacklight.kext + old Brightness fix(HD3000/4000) + Brightness.app, it works well.
with newest Brightness fix(HD3000/4000), the maximum brightness is 20% of the Windows(since you updated this pacth

It is about 10.10 or 10.11, I found that this patch does not allow me to get the same maximum brightness as before(maybe you updated the pacth at that time),so I cut the old patch from the previous DSDT,and it worked again.

I found that the different parts really work is this part:Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)

I replaced the Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized) in the new Brightness fix(HD3000/4000) with the Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized) in old Brightness fix(HD3000/4000),this gives me the maximum brightness again.

Could you please modify the Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized) in SSDT-PNLF.aml to make it looks like old Method in old Brightness fix patch?

Here are the Brightness fix(HD3000/4000)

This guide does not involve any "brightness patch" to DSDT.

Thanks so much @RehabMan .

The command "make" inside "probook.git" doesn't create SSDT-PNFL.aml.

Any idea??

Thanks so much @RehabMan .

The command "make" inside "probook.git" doesn't create SSDT-PNFL.aml.

Any idea??

Not expected.
SSDT-PNLF.aml is in the guide repo, not ProBook repo.
Read post #1 carefully.

Oops!!
Sorry!

I just finished the guide but I can´t control the brigthness already on high sierra.

Mac OS:10.13.5

I download Xcode and Compile success.
--> Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

and run:
sudo cp -R ~/Projects/probook.git/kexts/AppleBacklightInjector.kext /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -I /

Then:
/ locked; waiting for lock.

Lock acquired; proceeding.

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fdcf8d07940 [0x7fff93597af0]> { URL = "AppleBacklightInjector.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.AppleBacklightInjector" }

KernelCache ID: 96383C200EA9A2BFDD057C71E209F319

Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb04982d0a0 [0x7fff93597af0]> { URL = "AppleBacklightInjector.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.AppleBacklightInjector" }

What's wrong!
Please help!

Last edited:
Back