Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

best to install clover to your hard drive
I know. I am tested with clover on internal HD, same result.
I think I have to make some changes in SSDT-PNLF like I made it with PCHL value for IntelBacklight.kext. Tried to change values in SSDT-PNLF and have no luck

Or maybe I need to modify my display EDID. Clover can't recognise my display EDID at boot, so I use custom EDID

Depending on my 10.14.4 installation are clean install or editing on current installation, SSDT-PNLF work with few EDID patch. With default LGD0215 EDID on a clean install, brightness control show and work perfectly. After patch to inject 9C7C, A030 and various Apple MacBook Color LCD PID still working. But when all my works on patching is done, and i want to re-install a fresh installation with all new config and patches, brightness control slider is gone. Changing SMBIOS model affect this too. As my build, i7 3740QM using HD 4000 Graphics, the tips on Clover Configurator and Hackintools recommending MacBookPro 9,1 and MacBookPro 9,2 SMBIOS but both SMBIOS give me AGPM P-State fault. Currently, i am using MacBookPro10,1 config but with a clean install of 10.14.4 / A030 Display SSDT-PLNF does'nt work at all, my fix are changing to 9C7C Display then switch back to A030. May be on specific LCD model cause this problem, i'm now going to test the ambient light sensor to see what's different with that.

I have followed the directions on post #1 and have also gone over quite a few troubleshooting post but everyone's problem seem to be somewhat unique. my issue is backlight is not working, there is no backlight control under display. The old PNLF patch worked but Backlight control was inconsistent. I would appreciate some help in debugging my issue, thank you very much for your time Rehabman, Feartech, Moderators.

Attachments

• debug_30756.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 150
  • debug_2598.zip
    2 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:
I have followed the directions on post #1 and have also gone over quite a few troubleshooting post but everyone's problem seem to be somewhat unique. my issue is backlight is not working, there is no backlight control under display. The old PNLF patch worked but Backlight control was inconsistent. I would appreciate some help in debugging my issue, thank you very much for your time Rehabman, Feartech, Moderators.
which one of your 2 debugs are you using?

which one of your 2 debugs are you using?
I am currently using 2598, I apologize for the confusion. I included both because I wanted to provide debug for smbios 13,1 and 15,1.

I am currently using 2598, I apologize for the confusion. I included both because I wanted to provide debug for smbios 13,1 and 15,1.
what is SSDT-Brightness.aml for? don't see mention of that in the laptop guide

best to also use your coffee lake smbios

what is SSDT-Brightness.aml for? don't see mention of that in the laptop guide

best to also use your coffee lake smbios
The Ssdt-Brightness.aml is for backlight key control, it works well. The other debug I have listed is using the coffeelake smbios, I have yet to see any difference. I was just testing.

I was able to get the brightness working by adding GFX0 to IGPU patch in clover config, although the patch was already being applied by WhatEverGreen. Also it does not seem to work any differently from the old SSDT-PNLF.aml patch I was using. The issue I was having with the old configuration and currently having with this current configuration is when I press the increase or decrease Brightness key, the brightness goes down by 3 bars, simulating 3 button presses.

Attachments

• SSDT-PNLF_old.aml
    125 bytes · Views: 108
  • debug_24725.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
Hi,

I'm trying to fix backlight for a week. I couldn't manage to do that since Sierra 10.12.4. It's only working with El Captain with ACPIBacklight.kext.

I followed the guide but no luck. I attached the necessary files please help. Brightness control is working but not with the max brightness i can barely see the screen when it's on full brightness.

Attachments

• debug_NP530U3C.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 95
Back