Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

Hello,

I know the SSDT-PNLF.aml provided in the guide is to get laptop brightness working but I've actually used the provided SSDT-PNLF.aml on my AIO desktop to get my internal display backlight working and I'm wondering if that would cause any issues that I mentioned here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/need-help-with-low-unchangeable-brightness-after-wake-all-in-one-pc.271967/ since its meant for laptops.

again, I'm terribly sorry. I know its for laptops and I'm not exactly sure where to look for help since it has an internal display.

will be very grateful if someone can help me to the right direction. Thank You!

I replied in your linked thread.

Hint: Custom LMAX matching the LMAX for your ig-platform-id data. Also, you may need custom data in AppleBacklightFixup.kext (Info.plist).

Wow thank you so much RehabMan! Ive been searching the issue for weeks. I will do as you suggested right away

Wow thank you so much RehabMan! Ive been searching the issue for weeks. I will do as you suggested right away

Note that you'll need to refer to ig-platform dump to determine the PWMMax used by 0x0d220003.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
I have it working now, thanks to your documentation. I've updated my original post with the details. And thanks also for the tip about using the gen_debug.sh tool.
^_^

I have it working now, thanks to your documentation. I've updated my original post with the details. And thanks also for the tip about using the gen_debug.sh tool.
^_^

Great.

what is _UID in SSDT-PNLF.dsl and how is it used?
I'm using ig-platform-id: 0x0d260007 for my HD4600, as the ports definition best suits my laptop (4 ports in total including internal display)
as per guide, I'll need to set LMAX accordingly, thus 0x7a1

Code:
0700260d 01030403 00000004 00002002 00005001 00000060 a1070000 a1070000 00000000 00000000 00000800 02000000

however, I noticed, in SSDT-PNLF I had to change _UID to 15 (the same as default for Haswell) instead of 17 originally, otherwise no brightness slider for me.
(see the end of file https://github.com/1and1get2/CP65S/blob/master/DSDT_NEW/hotpatch/SSDT-PNLF.dsl)

I did google around however nothing was found relating to the usage/purpose of _UID, and nothing in AppleBacklightInjector.kext either

Hi,bro!
Did you fix your cp65s in mojave?My laptop is hasee Z7-i78172S2,the config as same as your laptop.Can you share your EFI with me?I can`t fix my HD4600.Please!

I can`t fix my HD4600.

Off-topic.
Refer to the guide:

Great! Got this works on my new build (in profile) for High Sierra. Now to get the fn keys working for backlight control:thumbup:

can anyone tell me why backlight control doesn't work

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    32.9 MB · Views: 227
can anyone tell me why backlight control doesn't work

Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

Back