Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

Make sure IGPU DVMT-prealloc is set to 64mb.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I reinstalled the System and made a clean bootable backup from it, hopefully I can troubleshoot from that next time. For the installation I used your last Clover build with kexts, settings from the Clover Laptop guide and the UHD 630 config file without any modifications, except the SMBIOS data. If I'm right, your config.plist files contain the framebuffer patch for DVMT-prealloc. I cannot set DVMT-prealloc in BIOS, but in Windows it shows 128mb, is that ok? And does it have any effekt on the Backlight kext?
I will make a post in the Probook/Elitebook/Zbook forum soon with all the required files.

I reinstalled the System and made a clean bootable backup from it, hopefully I can troubleshoot from that next time. For the installation I used your last Clover build with kexts, settings from the Clover Laptop guide and the UHD 630 config file without any modifications, except the SMBIOS data. If I'm right, your config.plist files contain the framebuffer patch for DVMT-prealloc. I cannot set DVMT-prealloc in BIOS, but in Windows it shows 128mb, is that ok? And does it have any effekt on the Backlight kext?
I will make a post in the Probook/Elitebook/Zbook forum soon with all the required files.

Windows is not a valid way to check DVMT-prealloc.

If you have a question regarding an issue, you must attach problem reporting files.

Attachments

• debug_7536.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 82
  • MacBook Air — jsione.ioreg
    3.5 MB · Views: 72
If I remember correctly the dvmt patch is disabled by default so you have to enable it in the plist.

Hi, RehabMan. Here are system files

Why do you have IntelBacklight.kext installed when post #1 is very clear about it not working?
Read post #1 carefully.

Also, config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Yes is wrong. Should be "Detect".

If I remember correctly the dvmt patch is disabled by default so you have to enable it in the plist.

Off-topic.
This topic is specific to backlight control... nothing to do with DVMT.

Why do you have IntelBacklight.kext installed when post #1 is very clear about it not working?
Read post #1 carefully.

Also, config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Yes is wrong. Should be "Detect".

I'm sorry for newbie questions, but if I set InjectKexts=Detect, all other kexts (for WWAN, Trackpoint and Wifi) not working.
Also, I removed PNLF from DSDT and added SSDT-PNLF to acpi folder.
Now laptop stopping on "Waiting for IGPU (VID0)".

I'm sorry for newbie questions, but if I set InjectKexts=Detect, all other kexts (for WWAN, Trackpoint and Wifi) not working.

Must install all "kexts you need" to /L/E.

Also, I removed PNLF from DSDT and added SSDT-PNLF to acpi folder.
Now laptop stopping on "Waiting for IGPU (VID0)".

You failed to attach problem reporting files. Read post #1.

Hi Rehabman and all,

I have a successful dual boot installation of MacOS Mojave 10.14.1 and Windows 10 in Lenovo Thinkpad T470 (i5-7300, 8GB Ram, Intel HD 620, 1920x1080 resolution). Most of the things are working but I have problems with

- Brightness Control
- Battery status

I have followed your guide (link given below) and copied the SSDT-PNLF.aml to Clover/ACPI/patched. I also have put AppleBacklitFixup.kext in L/E. Also rebuilt cache a couple of times but could not succeed. I also removed AppleBacklit.kext from S/L/E but still no luck.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/

For the battery, I have ACPIBatteryManager.kext in Clover/kexts/Other/. The battery icon in menubar shows minimum red when on battery and nothing at all when the computer is attached to power.

Please help me with these problems. My EFI, L/E and S/L/E files are attached in the zip.

Thank you.

Attachments

• T470.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 96
Hi Rehabman and all,

I have a successful dual boot installation of MacOS Mojave 10.14.1 and Windows 10 in Lenovo Thinkpad T470 (i5-7300, 8GB Ram, Intel HD 620, 1920x1080 resolution). Most of the things are working but I have problems with

- Brightness Control
- Battery status

I have followed your guide (link given below) and copied the SSDT-PNLF.aml to Clover/ACPI/patched. I also have put AppleBacklitFixup.kext in L/E. Also rebuilt cache a couple of times but could not succeed. I also removed AppleBacklit.kext from S/L/E but still no luck.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/

For the battery, I have ACPIBatteryManager.kext in Clover/kexts/Other/. The battery icon in menubar shows minimum red when on battery and nothing at all when the computer is attached to power.

Please help me with these problems. My EFI, L/E and S/L/E files are attached in the zip.

Thank you.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Back