Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

No idea what you're referring to. And you didn't attach any PR files anyway.

Sorry for the confusion. The slider I was referring to is the one in this screenshot. Also, I've attached problem report files. Thank you.

Attachments

• 34.png
    34.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 89
  • debug_2848.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 61
Sorry for the confusion. The slider I was referring to is the one in this screenshot. Also, I've attached problem report files. Thank you.

According to ioreg, backlight control should be working via SysPrefs->Displays.

According to ioreg, backlight control should be working via SysPrefs->Displays.
Exactly, yet the slider I showed in the screenshot is not working, which is strange. Can it be fixed or should I ignore it?

Exactly, yet the slider I showed in the screenshot is not working, which is strange. Can it be fixed or should I ignore it?

No idea. Not sure where that slider even comes from.

No idea. Not sure where that slider even comes from.
If you tell Siri to adjust the screen brightness by saying commands like "make the screen brighter/dimmer", it will show up. Siri can change the actual brightness alright, but neither does the brightness level shows on that slider nor can I manually adjust it. It will always bounce back to the maximum level if I try, though it does not affect the actual brightness. Before I fixed the brightness adjustment in system prefpane, it was always at the lowest level. I suppose it doesn't matter, though I would like to fix it if I can. Definitely weird stuff.

If you tell Siri to adjust the screen brightness by saying commands like "make the screen brighter/dimmer", it will show up. Siri can change the actual brightness alright, but neither does the brightness level shows on that slider nor can I manually adjust it. It will always bounce back to the maximum level if I try, though it does not affect the actual brightness. Before I fixed the brightness adjustment in system prefpane, it was always at the lowest level. I suppose it doesn't matter, though I would like to fix it if I can. Definitely weird stuff.

I don't bother with Siri on my computers (it is a gimmick).

Dear Rehabman!
I installed Mojave successfully to a Zbook 15v G5 Modell but I am stuck at post install. Right now I installed the Backlight kext to L/E and SSDT-PNLF.aml to ACPI/Patched and I get kernel panic even after I boot from USB and deleted the files in Windows.
Is it maybe because what you mention under the Customization section? How do I know, what is the right value for my ig-platform-id (0x3e9b0000)?
I attach the boot photo.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Dear Rehabman!
I installed Mojave successfully to a Zbook 15v G5 Modell but I am stuck at post install. Right now I installed the Backlight kext to L/E and SSDT-PNLF.aml to ACPI/Patched and I get kernel panic even after I boot from USB and deleted the files in Windows.
Is it maybe because what you mention under the Customization section? How do I know, what is the right value for my ig-platform-id (0x3e9b0000)?
I attach the boot photo.
Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Make sure IGPU DVMT-prealloc is set to 64mb.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hello.

I'm unable to get working brightness on my X230.

Specs:
X230-232578G
Core i7 3520
Intel HD 4000
bios version 2.73

File "untitiled text.txt" contains kernel panic message with kernel backtrace.
Archive.zip contains patchmatic extraction.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    34.6 KB · Views: 70
  • efi-clover.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 96
  • untitled text.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 94
Hello.

I'm unable to get working brightness on my X230.

Specs:
X230-232578G
Core i7 3520
Intel HD 4000
bios version 2.73

File "untitiled text.txt" contains kernel panic message with kernel backtrace.
Archive.zip contains patchmatic extraction.
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Back