Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

Ok I used the script, report attached.
After following the guide the current problems are:
1) Sometimes at the end of the boot I get a black screen and I have to shut down and retry to boot.
2) Can't use F11 and F12 to adjust the brightness or the system freezes, but I can adjust it through settings successfully.
3) No audio output is detected anymore.
4) If I put the pc in stop I can't get out of it.
I wasn't having any of these problems when I was on macos 10.12.4 and before I updated my BIOS, if useful I can provide the configuration I had before.

Problems:
- MacBookPro13,2 not recommended. Use MacBookPro13,1 or MacBookPro11,1
- CPU PM not implemented. See guide for good starter plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
- USB WiFi not recommended. Install recommended WiFi as per FAQ.
- Your USB configuration is wrong. See guides linked from FAQ.
- you're doing Skylake spoof. Try using native KBL kexts instead.

Also,
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume (and config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts should be "Detect")
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

And...
ACPI is patched incorrectly. SystemMemory addresses are mismatched (no wonder you have instability).
Note:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:origin rehabman$ diff ../origin/ ../patched/|grep SystemMemory
<     OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xA8F33000, 0x0767)
>     OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xA8EEB000, 0x0698)
<     OperationRegion (EXBU, SystemMemory, 0xA8F40000, 0x0012)
>     OperationRegion (EXBU, SystemMemory, 0xA8EF9000, 0x12)
<     OperationRegion (OGNV, SystemMemory, 0xA8F37000, 0x0002)
>     OperationRegion (OGNV, SystemMemory, 0xA8EEF000, 0x04)
<     OperationRegion (DEGA, SystemMemory, 0xA8F38000, 0x0011)
>     OperationRegion (DEGA, SystemMemory, 0xA8EF0000, 0x11)
<                         OperationRegion (PCF0, SystemMemory, 0xF0100000, 0x0200)
<                         OperationRegion (PCF1, SystemMemory, 0xF0200000, 0x0200)
<                         OperationRegion (PCF2, SystemMemory, 0xF00E0000, 0x0300)
<                         OperationRegion (PCF3, SystemMemory, 0xF00E2000, 0x0300)
>                 OperationRegion (CPSB, SystemMemory, 0xA85E9F18, 0x10)
>                 OperationRegion (GPPX, SystemMemory, Add (GADR (Arg0, 0x05), Multiply (Arg1, 0x04)), 0x04)
<                 OperationRegion (UPSC, SystemMemory, Add (XWMB, U3PS), 0x0100)
<                     OperationRegion (PCF0, SystemMemory, 0xF0100000, 0x0200)
<                     OperationRegion (PCF1, SystemMemory, 0xF0200000, 0x0200)
<                     OperationRegion (PCF2, SystemMemory, 0xF00E0000, 0x0300)
<                     OperationRegion (PCF3, SystemMemory, 0xF00E2000, 0x0300)
<     OperationRegion (ABNV, SystemMemory, 0xA87F1000, 0x0014)
>     OperationRegion (ABNV, SystemMemory, 0xA8BDA000, 0x13)

Other things you mention (and even some addressed above) are off-topic.

Hi,
I followed post #1 but I don't see a brightness slider in system preferences. Would it be possible to have a look at my files?
Thanks

Attachments

• Files.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
Hi,
I followed post #1 but I don't see a brightness slider in system preferences. Would it be possible to have a look at my files?
Thanks
all of your kexts should be installed to /Library/Extensions

all of your kexts should be installed to /Library/Extensions
You mean instead of to the kexts/other folder? I once read it's better to put them in your clover folder because updating doesn't affect it. What's the difference between putting them in the clover folder and the /Library/Extensions folder?

You mean instead of to the kexts/other folder? I once read it's better to put them in your clover folder because updating doesn't affect it. What's the difference between putting them in the clover folder and the /Library/Extensions folder?
only essential kexts belong in clover

and then all kexts in /Library/Extensions

you will have some kexts in both places, that is fine as in config.plist InjectKexts is set to Detect

only essential kexts belong in clover

and then all kexts in /Library/Extensions

you will have some kexts in both places, that is fine as in config.plist InjectKexts is set to Detect

I used Kextbeast to install all the kexts currently in my clover folder to the /Library/Extensions folder. Which ones should I delete from the Clover folder?

I used Kextbeast to install all the kexts currently in my clover folder to the /Library/Extensions folder. Which ones should I delete from the Clover folder?
none, they are all essential :)

although you seem to have 3 network kexts, you may want to delete 2 of those as they are not needed

none, they are all essential :)

although you seem to have 3 network kexts, you may want to delete 2 of those as they are not needed

Done, thanks. Any idea what could be causing the backlight issue?

Attachments

• Files.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Back