Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

Thank you. It works on my laptop Dell 3537.

Ah so odd question. I'm using Mojave with Lilu and WhateverGreen now, but when I went to patch for Brightness I needed the SSDT-PNLF.aml file but not the AppleBackLightInjector.kext. When I try to load that kext, the brightness slider is disabled, without that kext I have a working slider. Is this expected behavior, or should I submit a debug archive?

Attachments

• debug_28838.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 71
Ok Here's the debug files. Hopefully I ran that right, it's my first time running the script.

Your kextcache and ioreg proves that AppleBacklightInjector.kext is not installed.
Also, you have the AppleBacklight patch disabled in your config.plist.

Read post #1.

Your kextcache and ioreg proves that AppleBacklightInjector.kext is not installed.
Also, you have the AppleBacklight patch disabled in your config.plist.

Read post #1.
Right that's what I'm saying. My Backlight slider currently works in exactly that configuration. It does not work if I enable that patch and install AppleBacklightInjector.kext. I thought it was odd that its working in the way it is currently and wanted to know if this is a new normal for Mojave.

Right that's what I'm saying. My Backlight slider currently works in exactly that configuration. It does not work if I enable that patch and install AppleBacklightInjector.kext. I thought it was odd that its working in the way it is currently and wanted to know if this is a new normal for Mojave.

Problem reporting files must represent the problem scenario.

Problem reporting files must represent the problem scenario.
Ok, I'll get it installed and patched again later tonight and send in another problem reporting file when I have time. Might take a bit, as I'm about to leave and pick up my kid and I won't have to time to change it over again for a while. Out of curiosity was the format for my problem files completely correct?

Back