Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

I am trying to enable brightness control on a MacBook Pro 2011 undergone a EFI variable fix due to the faulty GPU, for some reason when updating to High Sierra the brightness control is malfunctioned and the keys remain unresponsive. Interestingly enough after installing the IntelBacklightl.kext the brightness keys are responsive yet the brightnesss level remains the same. I think I may be on to something. Thanks for the IntelBacklightl.kext upload.

Off-topic.
This thread is for non-Apple hardware, not broken Mac hardware.

Link for key binding is provided in post #1.
Read it carefully.
yes, I redo it again, but nothing does not work. I can not understand what the problem is ...

yes, I redo it again, but nothing does not work. I can not understand what the problem is ...

Open a separate thread with details if you need help.
(brightness keys are off-topic here).

Thanks for this, I got it working well.
Just one question, is it possible to control the brightness by the built in laptop keyboards?

@RehabMan I did everything until "Customiation", that I think I don't have to do anything. With the display depencies ID, I don't know how do that EDID or how to introduce that information in config.plist. I'm using PlistEdit Pro. How I Know if Clover can detec my EDID?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 288
Thanks for this, I got it working well.
Just one question, is it possible to control the brightness by the built in laptop keyboards?

Your question is answered in post #1.
Read it carefully.

@RehabMan I did everything until "Customiation", that I think I don't have to do anything. With the display depencies ID, I don't know how do that EDID or how to introduce that information in config.plist. I'm using PlistEdit Pro. How I Know if Clover can detec my EDID?

No statement of the problem you're trying to solve...
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I have followed the guide, yet the brightness slider does not appear ANYWHERE.
is anything wrong with my efi partition?
files are in CLOVER.zip
help me
my laptop is Toshiba Satellite C650-06E

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 204
I have followed the guide, yet the brightness slider does not appear ANYWHERE.
is anything wrong with my efi partition?
files are in CLOVER.zip
help me
my laptop is Toshiba Satellite C650-06E
SSDT-PNLF.dsl needs to be saved as SSDT-PNLF.aml

Back