Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

Hi There RehabMan,

Is my second time posting I think, so sorry if I miss something here on how to post it.

I have followed your procedure on first post, but I'm still no getting the Bright slider.

I have attached all the files required I think, so any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Thiago's Mac Files.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 70
Hi There RehabMan,

Is my second time posting I think, so sorry if I miss something here on how to post it.

I have followed your procedure on first post, but I'm still no getting the Bright slider.

I have attached all the files required I think, so any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Basic ACPI naming requirements not met.
As per post #1, SSDT-PNLF.aml depends on GFX0->IGPU rename.
Your ioreg still shows GFX0.

GFX0->IGPU rename is default in guide provided plists.
So, best to start there:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Attachments

• Mac Files.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 74
Thanks for the help.

I have changed that and redone the process, but unfortunately still not working. Any more guidance?

Your config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder is wrong (it is preventing SSDT-PNLF.aml from loading).
And not needed.
Remove.

Your config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder is wrong (it is preventing SSDT-PNLF.aml from loading).
And not needed.
Remove.

I Have removed SortedOrder, but still not working..d I have to do anything else after removing? I just rebooted.

I Have removed SortedOrder, but still not working..d I have to do anything else after removing? I just rebooted.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Just a guess (due to no PR files): You forgot to rebuild cache?

[QUOTNN
You were right, rebuilding the cache madN the trick.NN
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Just a guess (due to no PR files): You forgot to rebuild cache?

You were right, after rebuilding, the slider was there, only that it does nothing.

I can move the slider but the bright does not change. any guess here?

Files attached..

Attachments

• My MAC.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 81
[QUOTNN
You were right, rebuilding the cache madN the trick.NN

You were right, after rebuilding, the slider was there, only that it does nothing.

I can move the slider but the bright does not change. any guess here?

Files attached..

Your computer may not use the IGPU PWM registers for backlight control, therefore not compatible with Apple's code in AppleBacklight.kext.
Somewhat rare, but happens to be the case with certain HD3000/HD4000 laptops.
In that case, your solution is to use ACPIBacklight.kext (may require custom ACPI patching) + "Brightness by bergdesign".

Your computer may not use the IGPU PWM registers for backlight control, therefore not compatible with Apple's code in AppleBacklight.kext.
Somewhat rare, but happens to be the case with certain HD3000/HD4000 laptops.
In that case, your solution is to use ACPIBacklight.kext (may require custom ACPI patching) + "Brightness by bergdesign".
Ok, I'l try that, Thanks.

Actually bright is not a problem for me, I was just trying to fix this to check if my real problem was fixed as well, which is every time that display goes off (sleep or standby), it can't turn on again (only black screen with backlit).

Do you think I can fix the sleep/wake problem without fixing the bright problem?

Hey man thanks for this guide I install it and using it with slider but my function key doesn't work properly and I didn't see any part to mention function keys
I am using SSDT-RMCF.aml too in case that helps

Attachments

• config.plist
    14.4 KB · Views: 182
Back