Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

Hi everyone, so, on my Lenovo Yoga 510 I have tried everything to fix the brightness and still can't. I have a question, my Hackintosh looks like isn't recognizing the Built-in screen, but as a separated monitor, and I was wondering if it's what is causing the problem (please check the images, a image is just a exemple from the right configuration that I think I should have). Sorry for my English ;)

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, please fix your profile (with laptop hardware details) as per FAQ.

Done? I have done your tutorial but in the ACPI/patched folder (on the debug) doesn't show a thing, I don't know why..

Attachments

• debug_7362.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
As expected. Backlight to zero is a special case that actually turns off the signal to the panel.

Attach PR files from that scenario.

Hi RehabMan, I found out the only after I put the laptop to sleep for a few minute the backlight control work. Maybe you know what can be done to fix this?

Thank You

Done? I have done your tutorial but in the ACPI/patched folder (on the debug) doesn't show a thing, I don't know why..

Your EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched is missing SSDT-PNLF.aml.
Also, you have other problems in your config.plist (eg. missing ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true for CPU PM).

Hi RehabMan, I found out the only after I put the laptop to sleep for a few minute the backlight control work. Maybe you know what can be done to fix this?

Thank You

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_17274.zip
    14.2 MB · Views: 64
Problem Reporting files are attached

You do not need SSDT-RMCF.aml. Remove.
You do not need NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. Remove.
Make sure your SSDT-PNLF.aml is up-to-date.
No need to apply "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" in DSDT.aml. Re-extract/re-patch without.
drivers64UEFI is wrong. Use AptioMemoryFix.efi, not OsxAptioFix*.efi, not EmuVariable*.efi.

Further details on what is not working will probably be required.

Unrelated: Your USB configuration is wrong. See guides linked from the FAQ.

You do not need SSDT-RMCF.aml. Remove.
You do not need NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. Remove.
Make sure your SSDT-PNLF.aml is up-to-date.
No need to apply "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" in DSDT.aml. Re-extract/re-patch without.
drivers64UEFI is wrong. Use AptioMemoryFix.efi, not OsxAptioFix*.efi, not EmuVariable*.efi.

Further details on what is not working will probably be required.

Unrelated: Your USB configuration is wrong. See guides linked from the FAQ.

Thank you.. I will do all this changes

I followed the guide, rebuilt caches, and tried to reboot. the boot stalled at a message about "busy (timeout) PNLF".
I booted into safe mode, mounted EFI (thanks to you instructions on modifying msdosfs.kext in another thread) and removed SSDT-PNLF.aml. then I was able to boot.

before removing the ssdt, I booted into safe mode to collect the problem reporting files.

I see in the problem reporting files a file named "clovernotinstalled". I don't know what that's about. I've also attached my clover folder.

Attachments

• debug_23747.zip
    839.4 KB · Views: 93
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2367.JPG.zip
    114.4 KB · Views: 72
I followed the guide, rebuilt caches, and tried to reboot. the boot stalled at a message about "busy (timeout) PNLF".
I booted into safe mode, mounted EFI (thanks to you instructions on modifying msdosfs.kext in another thread) and removed SSDT-PNLF.aml. then I was able to boot.

before removing the ssdt, I booted into safe mode to collect the problem reporting files.

I see in the problem reporting files a file named "clovernotinstalled". I don't know what that's about. I've also attached my clover folder.

You can clearly see you suffer from SMBIOS truncation (look at root node in ioreg).
You need config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=true

The patchmatic -extract and ioreg does not match the CLOVER.zip you attached (contents of SSDT-PNLF.aml are clearly in SDST-10.aml in patchmatic data).

Your kextcache output shows:
- IntelBacklight.kext installed
- AppleBacklightInjector.kext not installed

You can read post #1 to discover why that is incorrect...

Also...
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly (kextcache output proves FakeSMC.kext not installed).
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Back