Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

If your volume keys require Fn+, so will your brightness keys.
And you didn't patch ACPI correctly... there is no accommodation for _OSI("Darwin").
Read ACPI patching guide regarding "OS Check Fix" patches.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
Did again DSDT patch with OS Check Fix and other using this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/ , I have also implemented Brightness function on BRT6 Method but still no luck. Please look at new Problem Reporting Files Attach.

Attachments

• debug_4800.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 74
No accommodation for "Darwin" in the OSID method.
Best to use OSID->XSID, _OSI->XOSI and SSDT-XOSI.aml as per hotpatch guide.
Thanks for answer I will try this now. One question can I open seperate thread and can i ask all problems there?

One question can I open seperate thread and can i ask all problems there?

That would probably be best. Or separate thread for each topic/unrelated question.

I need help - this is the last problem I have with my laptop as a daily driver. Everything else already works - USBInject/sleep, wifi, battery, power management, etc.

I have a problem with backlight restore - if I leave the computer on and let the display turn off according to the timer in SysPref>Energy Saver, upon waking the computer, my display doesn't restore. The backlight is turned on, but there is no video output and I cannot control the backlight level.

If I manually put the computer to sleep and wake it up, backlight restore works correctly. The backlight worked perfectly with IntelBacklight.kext on 10.11.6, and this problem appeared with AppleBacklightInjector.kext in 10.12.X.

Attachments

• debug_9814.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
I need help - this is the last problem I have with my laptop as a daily driver. Everything else already works - USBInject/sleep, wifi, battery, power management, etc.

I have a problem with backlight restore - if I leave the computer on and let the display turn off according to the timer in SysPref>Energy Saver, upon waking the computer, my display doesn't restore. The backlight is turned on, but there is no video output and I cannot control the backlight level.

If I manually put the computer to sleep and wake it up, backlight restore works correctly. The backlight worked perfectly with IntelBacklight.kext on 10.11.6, and this problem appeared with AppleBacklightInjector.kext in 10.12.X.

Your ig-platform-id 0x16160002 does not use the default/expected Broadwell PWMMax. It uses 0x56c. SSDT-PNLF.aml assumes 0xad9 for Broadwell.
Read post #1 regarding custom LMAX.

No accommodation for "Darwin" in the OSID method.
Best to use OSID->XSID, _OSI->XOSI and SSDT-XOSI.aml as per hotpatch guide.
Is there any way to test the sleep/wake without doing it real? For example, if I patch anything any try to sleep and wake then wake fails hence I have to force restart the system. I am doing it daily more that 10 times. Is there any software or tools to test it virtually?

Is there any way to test the sleep/wake without doing it real? For example, if I patch anything any try to sleep and wake then wake fails hence I have to force restart the system. I am doing it daily more that 10 times. Is there any software or tools to test it virtually?

No/No.

Please note that questions regarding sleep are off-topic in this thread.

Make sure you rebuild cache and reboot (as per post #1).
And read post #1 regarding EDID...
Ok, so I finally got around doing the EDID patch with clover.
I used the ruby script from the post and injected the fixed EDID, but still no brightness slider.
I did make sure that EDID inject was true, I also tried adding in my vendor and product id, but that didn't work either.

Attachments

• debug_27977.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 62
Ok, so I finally got around doing the EDID patch with clover.
I used the ruby script from the post and injected the fixed EDID, but still no brightness slider.
I did make sure that EDID inject was true, I also tried adding in my vendor and product id, but that didn't work either.

You are not booting from the EFI/Clover you attached.
Your config.plist (attached) has 22 KextsToPatch.
But your bootlog extracted from ioreg shows only two:
Code:
0:117  0:000  KextsToPatch: 2 requested
0:117  0:000   - [00]: AppleAHCIPort (External icons patch) :: BinPatch :: data len: 8
0:117  0:000   - [01]: AppleUSBXHCIPCI (change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-Series-10.12)) :: BinPatch :: data len: 7

Back