Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

The ProBook guide has already been updated to use this method.
Undo what you did, and follow the ProBook guide as written. Use the 'beta' branch as per guide.

Note: Your main mistake was that you didn't set BKLT to 1 in SSDT-HACK.aml.

Switched to beta branch and everything is working spectacularly now, thanks RehabMan!

Please help me.
I have followed the guide exactly and rebooted several times, I do not understand why is brightness slider still not working on my Lenovo P400 ivy bridge laptop.
I have attached all files, please have a look.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    41.3 KB · Views: 152
  • SSDT-PNLF.aml
    671 bytes · Views: 136
  • SSDT1.aml
    1.7 KB · Views: 145
  • SSDT2.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 127
  • SSDT4.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 138
  • SSDT3.aml
    2.6 KB · Views: 134
  • SSDT5.aml
    771 bytes · Views: 147
  • SSDT6.aml
    281 bytes · Views: 129
  • config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 230
Switched to beta branch and everything is working spectacularly now, thanks RehabMan!

Great. Assuming I get a few more success reports, I'll merge the beta branch into master...

Please help me.
I have followed the guide exactly and rebooted several times, I do not understand why is brightness slider still not working on my Lenovo P400 ivy bridge laptop.
I have attached all files, please have a look.

You did not attach the correct "Problem Reporting" files.
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"

- SSDT-PNLF.aml in ACPI/patched
- AppleBacklight patch in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch
- AppleBacklightInjector.kext installed to /L/E

How do you do all these operations? thanks

Sorry, I have now attached the files properly, please have a look

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 113
Sorry, I have now attached the files properly, please have a look

Probably a kernel cache issue... didn't you notice all the errors from kextcache?
Clover cannot patch a kext if it is not in kernel cache.
You can use config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/Debug=true to see the patches being applied.
Note: Your config.plist is lacking SortedOrder. But I see it in your Clover bootlog, so it seems you're not booting with the config.plist you attached here.

Also, your DSDT.aml is wrong. It has a conflicting PNLF device. Read post #1.

Probably a kernel cache issue... didn't you notice all the errors from kextcache?
Clover cannot patch a kext if it is not in kernel cache.
You can use config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/Debug=true to see the patches being applied.
Note: Your config.plist is lacking SortedOrder. But I see it in your Clover bootlog, so it seems you're not booting with the config.plist you attached here.

Also, your DSDT.aml is wrong. It has a conflicting PNLF device. Read post #1.

About the SortedOrder thing, i was just trying that in my last reboot and again deleted from my config.plist and havent rebooted since.
Can you please tell me how to remove the conflict from DSDT? not in touch with osx86 community as frequently so basically a noob now.

About the SortedOrder thing, i was just trying that in my last reboot and again deleted from my config.plist and havent rebooted since.

SortedOrder is required.

Can you please tell me how to remove the conflict from DSDT? not in touch with osx86 community as frequently so basically a noob now.

Patch DSDT without applying any brightness patches.

Back