Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

RehabMan can you check my zip because after I configure my EFI/Apci/Patch folder its not working I try rebuild all guide but same
you seem to be missing SSDT-0.aml from your patched folder

you also have DSDT1.aml in your patched folder, that shouldn't be in there

SSDT-PNLF.aml should be at the bottom of your sorted order (don't forget to add in SSDT-0.aml)

I done it but same I delete from patch my clone dsdt1 and put from original to patch folder ssdt-0 and edited clover

I am not talking about boot glitch (i very well knows about this glitch).
My concern is disappearance of apple logo and white progress bar. In previous versions Till 10.12.3. The white progress bar moves from start to end point. But now it moves only to middle of the line then disappeared.

It is normal.

Despite updating to Clover_v2.4k_r4049, applying the new patch for AppleBacklight in config.plist via copy & paste in PlistEdit Pro, making/installing a new SSDT-PNLF.aml file and adding the file to the Sorted Order list, and downloading/installing the new AppleBacklightInjector.kext via the command: sudo cp -R ~/Projects/probook.git/kexts/AppleBacklightInjector.kext /Library/Extensions and running: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / afterwards, although I have brightness control, kextstat indicates that the AppleBacklightInjector.kext in L/E still is not loading.

AppleBacklightInjector.kext is a codeless kext. You should not expect it to show in kextstat.

hello ! here are my files if someone can take a look

Your ioreg shows it working. But it also shows you're not using the latest files.
What is the issue?
Why are you not using the latest files?

RehabMan can you check my zip because after I configure my EFI/Apci/Patch folder its not working I try rebuild all guide but same

Looks like you deleted AppleBacklightExpert.kext.
Code:
AppleMuxControl.kext - dependency 'com.apple.driver.AppleBacklightExpert' not found.

Why?

I don't know so I need download and install AppleBacklightExpert.kext? but I dont remember I delete it

I don't know so I need download and install AppleBacklightExpert.kext? but I dont remember I delete it

Run the macOS installer to restore your system kexts.

Make sure you have latest Clover and have implemented NVRAM correctly.
If you installed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, make sure you also installed RC scripts.
But the laptop in your profile will likely work with native NVRAM (eg. without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi).
Also, check your config.plist for any stray settings involving backlight.

tried with native NVRAM as well as with EmuVariableUefi-64.efi but no success...though my brightness is working & also the brightness keys & slider is working but as soon as i reboot or shutdown & switch on back the brightness level switches to max...dunno why....i am attaching my config.plist do mention any necessary changes to be made

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 202
Your ioreg shows it working. But it also shows you're not using the latest files.
What is the issue?
Why are you not using the latest files?
where latest files

Back