Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

i successfully patched everything...but there is one ultimate issue....as soon as i reboot or maybe shutdown & switch on my laptop the brightness level gets to maximum on boot...how to solve this??

Make sure you have latest Clover and have implemented NVRAM correctly.
If you installed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, make sure you also installed RC scripts.
But the laptop in your profile will likely work with native NVRAM (eg. without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi).
Also, check your config.plist for any stray settings involving backlight.

Make sure you have latest Clover and have implemented NVRAM correctly.
If you installed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, make sure you also installed RC scripts.
But the laptop in your profile will likely work with native NVRAM (eg. without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi).
Also, check your config.plist for any stray settings involving backlight.

i have the same error as "generation88" in 10.12.4... i am using native NVRAM and it's working good with 10.12 & 10.12.3.
any suggestion for config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.1 KB · Views: 178
i have the same error as "generation88" in 10.12.4... i am using native NVRAM and it's working good with 10.12 & 10.12.3.
any suggestion for config.plist

Duh.
Remove config.plist/SystemParameters/BacklightLevel

Duh.
Remove config.plist/SystemParameters/BacklightLevel
it's working now but a strange error is coming in boot screen during booting.
here is screenshot...
01.jpg
booting Screen

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

as screenshot shows....when the progress bar is mid of progress the boot logo and white progress line disappears for approx 10 seconds then directly login screen appears...
is it normal or i missing/forgot something to patch or remove?????

here is screenshot...
View attachment 247598 booting Screen

View attachment 247599

View attachment 247600
View attachment 247601

View attachment 247602
View attachment 247603

as screenshot shows....when the progress bar is mid of progress the boot logo and white progress line disappears for approx 10 seconds then directly login screen appears...
thats the normal boot glitch (you will see a patch in your config.plist to enable to help reduce the glitch)

here is screenshot...
View attachment 247598 booting Screen

View attachment 247599

View attachment 247600
View attachment 247601

View attachment 247602
View attachment 247603

"boot glitch"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Despite updating to Clover_v2.4k_r4049, applying the new patch for AppleBacklight in config.plist via copy & paste in PlistEdit Pro, making/installing a new SSDT-PNLF.aml file and adding the file to the Sorted Order list, and downloading/installing the new AppleBacklightInjector.kext via the command: sudo cp -R ~/Projects/probook.git/kexts/AppleBacklightInjector.kext /Library/Extensions and running: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / afterwards, although I have brightness control, kextstat indicates that the AppleBacklightInjector.kext in L/E still is not loading.

Is it possible that the "change GFX0 to IGPU" patch which was installed when applying the HP Envy guide is the likely culprit.
pic1.jpeg

pic2.jpeg

Last edited:
hello ! here are my files if someone can take a look

Attachments

• AHMED’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    4.1 MB · Views: 111
  • CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 78
  • RehabMan.zip
    40.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 8.51.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 8.51.27 PM.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 79
RehabMan can you check my zip because after I configure my EFI/Apci/Patch folder its not working I try rebuild all guide but same

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 74
Back