Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

I got same so just download all patch https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/tree/beta and just copy paste to project and its worked :)
but I have another error sound keys start work but not brightness just in display I can use with mouse lights but if I put on lowest monitor is turning of and I upload my files maybe I do something wrong?

Attachments

• tautvis imac.zip
    563.2 KB · Views: 790
Last edited:
I followed the guide, but after reboot I don't have brightness control and slider... Removed PNLF patch from DSDT, installed the config.plist patch and the kext... Could someone verify my files to see if I am doing something wrong?

Attachments

• Data.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 520
I got same so just download all patch https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/tree/beta and just copy paste to project and its worked :)
but I have another error sound keys start work but not brightness just in display I can use with mouse lights but if I put on lowest monitor is turning of and I upload my files maybe I do something wrong?

Brightness to black at the lowest setting is the expected behavior, as per Apple design.
Brightness keys are covered in the normal backlight guide linked by the FAQ.

I followed the guide, but after reboot I don't have brightness control and slider... Removed PNLF patch from DSDT, installed the config.plist patch and the kext... Could someone verify my files to see if I am doing something wrong?

You have a conflicting PNLF definition in SSDT-6.aml.

Brightness to black at the lowest setting is the expected behavior, as per Apple design.
Brightness keys are covered in the normal backlight guide linked by the FAQ.
Thx I will do it with keys but brightness not working monitor on high brightness same and on medium same no effect monitor just on lowest is turning of. I fink is not working or this by like that?

Thx I will do it with keys but brightness not working monitor on high brightness same and on medium same no effect monitor just on lowest is turning of. I fink is not working or this by like that?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Make sure you provide *all* files and output requested.

3.jpeg
You must be in the ~/Projects/probook.git folder when you use 'git checkout beta'.
You must also install iasl as per ACPI patching guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

I had MaciASL installed in my applications folder (updated binary form your link). Manually installed "makefile" in user/bin as shown. Though again when attempting to build the SSDT-PNLF.aml file, I am getting the same error in terminal: "make: iasl: No such file or directory make: *** [build/SSDT-Config.aml] Error 1.

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
View attachment 245194

View attachment 245195

I had MaciASL installed in my applications folder (updated binary form your link). Manually installed "makefile" in user/bin as shown. Though again when attempting to build the SSDT-PNLF.aml file, I am getting the same error in terminal: "make: iasl: No such file or directory make: *** [build/SSDT-Config.aml] Error 1.

View attachment 245192 View attachment 245193 View attachment 245194

'makefile' should not be installed anywhere. And there is no user/bin directory.
You must install iasl to /usr/bin.

Note that if you have MaciASL.app in /Applications, you can copy the iasl from it to /usr/bin:
Code:
sudo cp /Applications/MaciASL.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl61 /usr/bin/iasl

And since putting makefile into /usr/bin is nonsense, you should remove 'makefile' from /usr/bin:
Code:
sudo rm /usr/bin/makefile

Last edited:
'makefile' should not be installed anywhere. And there is no user/bin directory.
You must install iasl to /usr/bin.

I am not trying to be difficult or waste anyone's time in my attempt to complete this procedure. I am completely aware that the user/bin folders are hidden folders on the root and not a directory. I do not understand why I was perfectly able to generate/make/build a SSDT-HACK.aml file with iasl in the HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N guide yet I am am unable to generate/make/build a SSDT-PNLF.aml file with this guide as the necessary component/file is apparently not on my system.

Can someone please explain the iasl user/bin installation procedure ?

I am not trying to be difficult or waste anyone's time in my attempt to complete this procedure. I am completely aware that the user/bin folders are hidden folders on the root and not a directory. I do not understand why I was perfectly able to generate/make/build a SSDT-HACK.aml file with iasl in the HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N guide yet I am am unable to do so
with this guide as the necessary component/file is apparently not on my system.

Can someone please explain the iasl user/bin installation procedure ?

No such thing as user/bin. It is /usr/bin.
It is directory. A folder is the same as a directory. (note: /usr/bin is not hidden on my system).
If you followed the HP Envy guide, you should already have iasl in /usr/bin, as it is downloaded by download.sh and placed there by install_downloads.sh.

I already explained how you can copy iasl61 from MaciASL.app to /usr/bin. Read post #18.

You can check that you have iasl installed correctly by:
Code:
ls -l /usr/bin/iasl

Should show:
Code:
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 root  wheel  1067924 Dec  8 17:56 /usr/bin/iasl

And:
Code:
which iasl

Should show:
Code:
/usr/bin/iasl

And:
Code:
iasl -v

Should show:
Code:
Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL+ Optimizing Compiler version 20160422-64(RM)
Copyright (c) 2000 - 2016 Intel Corporation

Back