[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

Motherboard
Samsung NP530U3B-Clover Legacy
CPU
i3-2367M/HM65
Graphics
HD 3000
Hello,
Same problem here on Samsung NP530U3C. That damn fog. Thanks for your IntelBacklight.kext solution (change PCHLInit=-1 to 0 in plist). But i prefer ACPIBacklight.kext, it works without "fog" effect too , not so bright and more customizable. If you apply "[igpu] Brightness fix (HD3000/HD4000)" patch in MacIASL to your DSDT.aml and then change

Code:
Name(KPCH, Ones)
Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
to

Code:
Name(KPCH, Zero)
Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
- it will work, as it does same -1 to 0.
But, of course, without controlling. I have no idea, how to make PCHL work with AppleBacklightFixup.kext and SSDT-PNLF.aml.

UPDATED:
The only solution i found is to extract /S/L/Extensions/AppleBacklight.kext, /S/L/Extensions/AppleBacklightExpert.kext and /S/L/PrivateFrameworks/DisplayServices.framework from "macOS Sierra 10.12.3 Combo Update", and replace original Mojave 10.4.3 with them. Then control of ACPIBacklight.kext and IntelBacklight.kext returns and there is no fog. I know this is not what is this thread about, but... Better a small fish than an empty dish.
Thanks for solution with replacement kexts, I didn't know about that. I think Rehabman maybe can help with PCHL problem, but he's gone from forum

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi Rehabman,

I am not able to get Brightness control to work, the kext is at L/E, other than that the debug files are attached.

Please let me know what's wrong with my actual setup (Skylake 6820HK + Intel HD530 + Nvidia 980m GTX).

Attachments

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi Rehabman,

I am not able to get Brightness control to work, the kext is at L/E, other than that the debug files are attached.

Please let me know what's wrong with my actual setup (Skylake 6820HK + Intel HD530 + Nvidia 980m GTX).
Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K OC 5GHz
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti & UHD 630
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@Feartech can you help me get keyboard to control brightness on my dell 7573? I have everything working just cannot find option to change brightness with keyboard. I've tried accessibility and keyboard preferences. thanks bro

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
@Feartech can you help me get keyboard to control brightness on my dell 7573? I have everything working just cannot find option to change brightness with keyboard. I've tried accessibility and keyboard preferences. thanks bro
best to check the laptop guide sections and see how other's have patched their keyboard brightness keys

Tell me how to adjust the brightness adjustment via F keys?

I started up the brightness with a half-kick by “activating” AddPNLF in the config, but you can only adjust the brightness by going to Settings -> Monitor.
I turned on the Fn key in the BIOS, so that the brightness, volume, media, etc. regulated only with Fn + F .. because Windows 10 costs the second OS and is more convenient in it.
Using Fn + F6 (F7, F8) in macOS, the volume is adjusted and when adjusted on the screen, all this is displayed, but with brightness it does not work out that way. How can this be fixed?

P.S.
I tried to install the MonitorControl program to adjust the brightness using the slider in the tray, but this utility says "No supported display found", although there is a brightness adjustment in the system settings.

Attachments