Motherboard
HP Envy X360 15m-CN00xx
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
which one of your 2 debugs are you using?
I am currently using 2598, I apologize for the confusion. I included both because I wanted to provide debug for smbios 13,1 and 15,1.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am currently using 2598, I apologize for the confusion. I included both because I wanted to provide debug for smbios 13,1 and 15,1.
what is SSDT-Brightness.aml for? don't see mention of that in the laptop guide

best to also use your coffee lake smbios

Motherboard
HP Envy X360 15m-CN00xx
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
what is SSDT-Brightness.aml for? don't see mention of that in the laptop guide

best to also use your coffee lake smbios
The Ssdt-Brightness.aml is for backlight key control, it works well. The other debug I have listed is using the coffeelake smbios, I have yet to see any difference. I was just testing.

Motherboard
HP Envy X360 15m-CN00xx
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was able to get the brightness working by adding GFX0 to IGPU patch in clover config, although the patch was already being applied by WhatEverGreen. Also it does not seem to work any differently from the old SSDT-PNLF.aml patch I was using. The issue I was having with the old configuration and currently having with this current configuration is when I press the increase or decrease Brightness key, the brightness goes down by 3 bars, simulating 3 button presses.

Attachments

• SSDT-PNLF_old.aml
    125 bytes · Views: 68
  • debug_24725.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
Motherboard
Samsung NP530U3C-A0ATR
CPU
i5-3317U
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I'm trying to fix backlight for a week. I couldn't manage to do that since Sierra 10.12.4. It's only working with El Captain with ACPIBacklight.kext.

I followed the guide but no luck. I attached the necessary files please help. Brightness control is working but not with the max brightness i can barely see the screen when it's on full brightness.

Attachments

• debug_NP530U3C.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 48

Tho

Motherboard
ASUS Prime B365M-K
CPU
i5 9400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It isn't working with my laptop ToT. I can't change the brightness.

Motherboard
Samsung NP530U3C-A02RU
CPU
i5-3317U
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello. My problem is low range brightness (or fog effect like) in High Sierra 10.13.6 or Sierra 10.12.6. All seems work normal, slider changes brightness level from system prefs, fn keys work too, but display isn't bright like in El Capitan with IntelBacklight.kext.
In El Capitan with IntelBacklight.kext this fog effect was too, I found that in IntelBacklight.kext I have to change PCHL value to 0 instead of -1 to get full brightness range. But in new way PCHL not used
I tried with AppleBacklightFixup and WhateverGreen, same result
Hope we find answer together.
Thanks

Hello,
Same problem here on Samsung NP530U3C. That damn fog. Thanks for your IntelBacklight.kext solution (change PCHLInit=-1 to 0 in plist). But i prefer ACPIBacklight.kext, it works without "fog" effect too , not so bright and more customizable. If you apply "[igpu] Brightness fix (HD3000/HD4000)" patch in MacIASL to your DSDT.aml and then change

Code:
Name(KPCH, Ones)
Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)

to

Code:
Name(KPCH, Zero)

- it will work, as it does same -1 to 0.
But, of course, without controlling. I have no idea, how to make PCHL work with AppleBacklightFixup.kext and SSDT-PNLF.aml.

UPDATED:
The only solution i found is to extract /S/L/Extensions/AppleBacklight.kext, /S/L/Extensions/AppleBacklightExpert.kext and /S/L/PrivateFrameworks/DisplayServices.framework from "macOS Sierra 10.12.3 Combo Update", and replace original Mojave 10.4.3 with them. Then control of ACPIBacklight.kext and IntelBacklight.kext returns and there is no fog. I know this is not what is this thread about, but... Better a small fish than an empty dish.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K OC 5GHz
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti & UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
can anyone help me get my keyboard to control my brightness? I already have brightens slider in system prefs, but I cannot find a way to map my keyboard to control brightness, it only gives me an option to control the contrast. any help is greatly appreciated

Motherboard
Samsung NP530U3B-Clover Legacy
CPU
i3-2367M/HM65
Graphics
HD 3000
Hello,
Same problem here on Samsung NP530U3C. That damn fog. Thanks for your IntelBacklight.kext solution (change PCHLInit=-1 to 0 in plist). But i prefer ACPIBacklight.kext, it works without "fog" effect too , not so bright and more customizable. If you apply "[igpu] Brightness fix (HD3000/HD4000)" patch in MacIASL to your DSDT.aml and then change

Code:
Name(KPCH, Ones)

to

Code:
Name(KPCH, Zero)

- it will work, as it does same -1 to 0.
But, of course, without controlling. I have no idea, how to make PCHL work with AppleBacklightFixup.kext and SSDT-PNLF.aml.

UPDATED:
The only solution i found is to extract /S/L/Extensions/AppleBacklight.kext, /S/L/Extensions/AppleBacklightExpert.kext and /S/L/PrivateFrameworks/DisplayServices.framework from "macOS Sierra 10.12.3 Combo Update", and replace original Mojave 10.4.3 with them. Then control of ACPIBacklight.kext and IntelBacklight.kext returns and there is no fog. I know this is not what is this thread about, but... Better a small fish than an empty dish.
Thanks for solution with replacement kexts, I didn't know about that. I think Rehabman maybe can help with PCHL problem, but he's gone from forum

Motherboard
z390 Aorus pro Wifi
CPU
Intel 9700k
Graphics
Intel Uhd 630 + Nvidia 2080 Super
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Rehabman,

I am not able to get Brightness control to work, the kext is at L/E, other than that the debug files are attached.

Please let me know what's wrong with my actual setup (Skylake 6820HK + Intel HD530 + Nvidia 980m GTX).

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    11.3 MB · Views: 164