CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If I remember correctly the dvmt patch is disabled by default so you have to enable it in the plist.

Off-topic.
This topic is specific to backlight control... nothing to do with DVMT.

Motherboard
x1g6
CPU
8560u
Graphics
Why do you have IntelBacklight.kext installed when post #1 is very clear about it not working?
Read post #1 carefully.

Also, config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Yes is wrong. Should be "Detect".

I'm sorry for newbie questions, but if I set InjectKexts=Detect, all other kexts (for WWAN, Trackpoint and Wifi) not working.
Also, I removed PNLF from DSDT and added SSDT-PNLF to acpi folder.
Now laptop stopping on "Waiting for IGPU (VID0)".

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm sorry for newbie questions, but if I set InjectKexts=Detect, all other kexts (for WWAN, Trackpoint and Wifi) not working.

Must install all "kexts you need" to /L/E.

Also, I removed PNLF from DSDT and added SSDT-PNLF to acpi folder.
Now laptop stopping on "Waiting for IGPU (VID0)".

You failed to attach problem reporting files. Read post #1.

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkPad T470 Sr2f0
CPU
i5-7300U
Graphics
HD 620
Hi Rehabman and all,

I have a successful dual boot installation of MacOS Mojave 10.14.1 and Windows 10 in Lenovo Thinkpad T470 (i5-7300, 8GB Ram, Intel HD 620, 1920x1080 resolution). Most of the things are working but I have problems with

- Brightness Control
- Battery status

I have followed your guide (link given below) and copied the SSDT-PNLF.aml to Clover/ACPI/patched. I also have put AppleBacklitFixup.kext in L/E. Also rebuilt cache a couple of times but could not succeed. I also removed AppleBacklit.kext from S/L/E but still no luck.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/

For the battery, I have ACPIBatteryManager.kext in Clover/kexts/Other/. The battery icon in menubar shows minimum red when on battery and nothing at all when the computer is attached to power.

Please help me with these problems. My EFI, L/E and S/L/E files are attached in the zip.

Thank you.

Attachments

• T470.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 41

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Rehabman and all,

I have a successful dual boot installation of MacOS Mojave 10.14.1 and Windows 10 in Lenovo Thinkpad T470 (i5-7300, 8GB Ram, Intel HD 620, 1920x1080 resolution). Most of the things are working but I have problems with

- Brightness Control
- Battery status

I have followed your guide (link given below) and copied the SSDT-PNLF.aml to Clover/ACPI/patched. I also have put AppleBacklitFixup.kext in L/E. Also rebuilt cache a couple of times but could not succeed. I also removed AppleBacklit.kext from S/L/E but still no luck.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/

For the battery, I have ACPIBatteryManager.kext in Clover/kexts/Other/. The battery icon in menubar shows minimum red when on battery and nothing at all when the computer is attached to power.

Please help me with these problems. My EFI, L/E and S/L/E files are attached in the zip.

Thank you.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Motherboard
CPU
i5-7300U
Graphics
HD 620

Attachments

• debug_11502.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 35

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Rehabman and all,

- Brightness Control

Hi RehabMan,

Thank you very much for your time.
Please find the debug output attached with this post.

ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml has been patched with "Brightness Fix".
As per post #1, that must not be the case.
The only PNLF must come from SSDT-PNLF.aml.
Please read post #1 carefully.

- Battery status

Off-topic.

Motherboard
CPU
i5-7300U
Graphics
HD 620
ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml has been patched with "Brightness Fix".
As per post #1, that must not be the case.
The only PNLF must come from SSDT-PNLF.aml.
Please read post #1 carefully.

Off-topic.

Hi Rehabman,

I patched the DSDT in the hope of getting brightness Slider in System Preferences which I don't see. What should I do to get brightness slider?

Motherboard
CPU
i5-7300U
Graphics
HD 620
Hi Rehabman,

I patched the DSDT in the hope of getting brightness Slider in System Preferences which I don't see. What should I do to get brightness slider?

Hi again,

I have removed the DSDT and put the new DSDT.aml in the EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/. I still have no brightness control. Neither the brightness control keys are working nor there is the brightness slider in the "system preferences/Displays".

Please help me through the situation, Sir.

Regards

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Read post #1.