Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

it didn't work
fyi i just renamed it

I have followed the guide, yet the brightness slider does not appear ANYWHERE.
is anything wrong with my efi partition?
files are in CLOVER.zip
help me
my laptop is Toshiba Satellite C650-06E

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

It does not work
The shortcut key can be used, and the brightness adjustment icon is displayed on the screen, but the brightness does not change. When I adjust the brightness to a small value (near the minimum brightness), the screen will flicker and be very dark.
Other non-working hardware:
Camera
WIFI
Bluetooth
Touch screen
Touchpad (can drag and click, there is no recognition gesture in the settings)
Please help me, thank you

Attachments

• debug_21770.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 199
Your question is answered in post #1.
Read it carefully.

Sorry, I just read through the post 1 again. I guess I didn't fully understand all of the content, can you tell me which section is talking about the built-in keyboard brightness control?

Attachments

• debug_7963.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 140
It does not work
The shortcut key can be used, and the brightness adjustment icon is displayed on the screen, but the brightness does not change. When I adjust the brightness to a small value (near the minimum brightness), the screen will flicker and be very dark.
Other non-working hardware:
Camera
WIFI
Bluetooth
Touch screen
Touchpad (can drag and click, there is no recognition gesture in the settings)
Please help me, thank you

Read post #1 regarding fake ALS and EDID tweaks.
(it is clear from ioreg and other files you uploaded that you didn't implement it).

Note: No need for SSDT-RMCF.aml (as LMAX is already default at 0x56c for your hardware).

Sorry, I just read through the post 1 again. I guess I didn't fully understand all of the content, can you tell me which section is talking about the built-in keyboard brightness control?

Please read before asking questions... it is mentioned quite clearly in "Overview".

Read post #1 regarding fake ALS and EDID tweaks.
(it is clear from ioreg and other files you uploaded that you didn't implement it).

Note: No need for SSDT-RMCF.aml (as LMAX is already default at 0x56c for your hardware).
After doing these configurations, it still does not work

Attachments

• debug_10387.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 136
Back