Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

Thanks, i made it work! thanks u so much

Change to AptioMemoryFix.efi and removeD drop SSDT tables. I can't put FakeSMC.kext to /L/E, it cause KP

Attachments

• debug_9866.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 73
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

When you install FakeSMC.kext to /L/E, you must also install *all* other "kexts you need".
I installed all the kexts to /L/E. Brightness control still the same, only work after sleep and immediately wake.

Attachments

• debug_23458.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
I installed all the kexts to /L/E. Brightness control still the same, only work after sleep and immediately wake.

Is legacy boot/CSM enabled in BIOS? Is fast boot disabled?

Also, you should look at the options you can set in SSDT-RMCF that control initialization actions in SSDT-PNLF.

Is legacy boot/CSM enabled in BIOS? Is fast boot disabled?

Also, you should look at the options you can set in SSDT-RMCF that control initialization actions in SSDT-PNLF.

CSM is enabled. There is no options in the BIOS to turn off fastboot, there are: Minimal, Thorough, Auto. It sets to Minimal.
If i turn on Legacy boot, after boot verbose log it show black screen instead of Apple boot screen.

I've tried SSDT-RMCF with LMAX Zero and 0x56c before. I will try it again and report you back.

There is no options in the BIOS to turn off fastboot, there are: Minimal, Thorough, Auto. It sets to Minimal.

Minimal is "fast boot" enabled.
Thorough is "fast boot" disabled.
Change to Thorough.

I've tried SSDT-RMCF with LMAX Zero and 0x56c before. I will try it again and report you back.

No need to set LMAX. Default is 0x56c for your hardware.
But there are other options you can set.
Read the comments in SSDT-RMCF.dsl carefully.

Back