Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I switched to using AptioInputFix.efi and AptioMemoryFix.efi. Everything still works good! According to Monewbo on r/hackintosh
Note: I think inputfix is only required if using filevault2 encryption, or something of that nature.... (I’m not using / don’t require it)

Hello gents. I need help. I tried to update to 10.13.6 today after making a mess of my kexts. I was trying to update a few kexts, and I couldn't get my system to complete the OSX boot. So I decided to make matters worse by installing 10.13.6 - I assumed it would overwrite my mistakes.
Clover loads, and I can choose my partition. the Apple logo appears, and that's it. When i run in verbose I can only see the tail end of what's happening, and it's very generic...ending with MACH REBOOT, but it just hangs. I can get into Clover/EFI/kexts/Other and I've added the latest FakeSMC, Lilu, etc. I really don't want to completely wipe everything because, like a genius, I didn't backup my bookmarks, etc. I can get into the filesystem and pull that junk out, but I'm hoping that's an easy reset. I used Multibeast to create the boot USB with High Sierra. Everything loaded fine. I added the aspf.ext so Clover could read the partitions. I can boot into the Recovery partition - I deleted the prelinked kernel, and cleared/rebuilt the kext-cache...all to no avail.

Hello gents. I need help. I tried to update to 10.13.6 today after making a mess of my kexts. I was trying to update a few kexts, and I couldn't get my system to complete the OSX boot. So I decided to make matters worse by installing 10.13.6 - I assumed it would overwrite my mistakes.
Clover loads, and I can choose my partition. the Apple logo appears, and that's it. When i run in verbose I can only see the tail end of what's happening, and it's very generic...ending with MACH REBOOT, but it just hangs. I can get into Clover/EFI/kexts/Other and I've added the latest FakeSMC, Lilu, etc. I really don't want to completely wipe everything because, like a genius, I didn't backup my bookmarks, etc. I can get into the filesystem and pull that junk out, but I'm hoping that's an easy reset. I used Multibeast to create the boot USB with High Sierra. Everything loaded fine. I added the aspf.ext so Clover could read the partitions. I can boot into the Recovery partition - I deleted the prelinked kernel, and cleared/rebuilt the kext-cache...all to no avail.

upload your EFI folder if possible and I'll have a look

Here 'tis. There are also a few files in /Library/Extensions leftover from 10.12. I'm having to boot into Recovery to move the files to/from a USB drive.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.5 MB · Views: 213
Here 'tis. There are also a few files in /Library/Extensions leftover from 10.12. I'm having to boot into Recovery to move the files to/from a USB drive.
Try this EFI folder by putting it on a USB key and boot from that key (then select your boot volume as usual)
If it works, move it to your main partition and run these terminal commands:

Code:
sudo rm -rf /etc/rc.boot.d
sudo rm -rf /etc/rc.shutdown.d

(I've replaced a driver that makes EmuVariableUefi-64.efi redundant)

Attachments

• EFI Edited.zip
    34.9 MB · Views: 231
Thank you!!!! It didn't solve my problem, but it DID slow the boot/crash sequence down enough for me to see the kext that was failing - CPUSensor. Tracing that down led me to find an OLD FakeSMC loaded in /S/L/E. I killed that, blew out the prelinkedkernel, updated the cache and rebooted. It LOADED! Of course, no nVidia acceleration, so I loaded the Web drivers...and then a black screen :( Used VNC and ran the AGDPFix1.3 and now I have acceleration! The last thing I'm trying to fix now is I can't seem to mount my EFI partition. It looks like 10.13 created a new virt disk on Disk2 for the APFS drive, but my EFI partition is still on the main partition. My goal is to fix Clover so it boots my OSX partition by default. One of my STUPID acts was the "Install Clover on All Partitions" and I think that messed me up.

So, just to follow up...this is a known issue, apparently. Switching over to APFS not only sets up new partitions, but requires some snooping around for UUIDs and partition labels. You can't link directly to the page, but just google "Create Custom Entries to Hide Preboot and Recovery APFS Volumes with Clover Configurator" and you'll find the walkthrough.

Thank you!!!! It didn't solve my problem, but it DID slow the boot/crash sequence down enough for me to see the kext that was failing - CPUSensor. Tracing that down led me to find an OLD FakeSMC loaded in /S/L/E. I killed that, blew out the prelinkedkernel, updated the cache and rebooted. It LOADED! Of course, no nVidia acceleration, so I loaded the Web drivers...and then a black screen :( Used VNC and ran the AGDPFix1.3 and now I have acceleration! The last thing I'm trying to fix now is I can't seem to mount my EFI partition. It looks like 10.13 created a new virt disk on Disk2 for the APFS drive, but my EFI partition is still on the main partition. My goal is to fix Clover so it boots my OSX partition by default. One of my STUPID acts was the "Install Clover on All Partitions" and I think that messed me up.

In theory you shouldn't need AGDPFix anymore, everything should be handled by Lilu+Whatevergreen. It's possible that FakeSMC being both in your S/L/E and /EFI/KEXTS/OTHER could be conflicting, so nuke the one from S/L/E and leave it only in EFI/KEXTS/OTHER and rebuild your kextcache to be sure. Also, booting from clover in verbose mode is known to disable acceleration, (It does on my system and @RehabMan 's as well) so when troubleshooting Nvidia acceleration test with verbose mode disabled. Also, I setup your config.plist and kexts to run the igpu as well, so H264 is being accelerated via quicksync. If you have trouble updating OSX in the future, disable the igpu in your bios when updating, and re-enable it when the update is complete. :)

I'd assumed that AGDPFix wouldn't be used anymore - I've just gotten accustomed to running it after any security patches. I rebooted a few times, clearing kextcache, etc...to no avail. Once I ran AGDPFix, my box rebooted, and the GUI loaded with full acceleration. kextstat shows that Lilu and Whatevergreen are both loaded :-/

I'd assumed that AGDPFix wouldn't be used anymore - I've just gotten accustomed to running it after any security patches. I rebooted a few times, clearing kextcache, etc...to no avail. Once I ran AGDPFix, my box rebooted, and the GUI loaded with full acceleration. kextstat shows that Lilu and Whatevergreen are both loaded :-/

Could have been a hangover from old NVRAM settings or still active RC scripts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back