Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
After installing, when in windows, make sure to NOT install the Realtek audio drivers for the motherboard! This will make it so your rear audio port will not output sound in OSX!

That is wrong . I have installed the Windows codec and it works . The Glover variant doesn't work

Ok, it's been long enough - has anyone upgraded their box (built from this thread) to OSX 12? I've been holding out because everything has been working great, but I figured I'd ask to see how big of a hassle it is.

Thx

Yeah I tried this past weekend - and it was a dismal failure. I ended up creating like 100 UEFI entries on the drive... Never really got it too boot into Sierra/complete the install. When booting back into El Capitan - it was broken, no audio, spotty internet etc.

Granted I have no real experience doing this, as I just followed Jerivalu's guide getting El Capitan working (which worked 100% with 0 issues...). Compounding my stupidity, I didn't even to the Carbon Copy Cloner backkup properly - I backed up files, not an image. So all I can do is restore individual files/programs...

So, I formatted the drive before work this morning, and will be attempting a fresh install of Sierra using all the same settings later tonight.

I am sure there is a way of doing this successfully - but, I wasn't.

Paul

Ok, it's been long enough - has anyone upgraded their box (built from this thread) to OSX 12? I've been holding out because everything has been working great, but I figured I'd ask to see how big of a hassle it is.

Thx

I tried a direct update from El Cap and it was also pretty difficult and only semi functional. I then formatted the drive and did a fresh install from USB (sierra and the lastest multibeast) and it was perfect (you'll need to apply the HD530 sierra glitch fix). Then I migrated everything over from the backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back