Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing showing for El Capitan on the Apple app store is the 10.11.6 update which I have downloaded. So I guess I can just install the version of 10.11.0 that I have and do the update. Except now I'm stuck on an install loop with the prohibited icon on the initial install routine and can't get past that to get El Cap installed. I've started a thread about it in the El Cap Desktop Support forum to see if anyone can give me clues as to how to get past this blockage.
Go in the App store application, at the top you select the "Purchased" section.
Under this section you should be able to re-download the latest release of the installer of all the versions of Mac OS that you've downloaded in the past.

I'll give that a try, thanks
Is there a way to just download it instead of going through the install routine? My MBP is now in an install El Cap routine which is fine because I haven't upgraded it yet to Sierra, but it would be far quicker and easier to just download it instead. I recognize that it will live intact in the Applications folder after this new install.

It appears that Apple deletes the Install El Capitan file after installation. Good thing I backed up the original before starting this process. It did upgrade my MBP from 10.11.0 to 10.11.3 though. Unless it's hidden in a new secret spot, I don't think I'll be able to find it.

You can re-download the installer once you have used it.

Thanks again to Jerivalu and this excellent guide. As someone with absolutely NO hackintosh experience I have managed to get up and running a killer FCP X editing rig. I did tear my hair out for a few days trying to get my Thunderbolt 2 Lacie Big 5 RAID array to mount in OS X, but this morning in a moment of divine inspiration, installed the RAID manager driver, rebooted, and boom, its on the desktop. Sweet!
Thanks to all involved in this great community, I'm one happy camper!

DUDE!

I'm having EXACTLY the same thing. I've got the Lacie Big5, and it appears in Windows but not OSX. I'll do the software thing right now!

I hope it works!

Hi, I was able to get almost everything working with a GA-Z170XP-SLI mobo and i7-6700K build, except for the Intel HD 530 graphics. Under the Graphics/Displays menu of the System Information, the Display 7 mb VRAM shows up, but the Intel HD 530 also shows up with the full 1536 mb. However, when I go to "About This Mac" it says it is using only the Display 7 mb.

How can I make it so that it uses the Intel graphics instead? I followed the directions exactly and used Multibeast for the 530 patch. Also, the 530 graphics only shows up in the menu if I go to Internal Graphics in the BIOS and change it from "Auto" to "Enabled"

Attachments

• Display7mb.png
    Display7mb.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 154
  • HD350.png
    HD350.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 148
@jerivalu would you mind posting your config.plist here? I have done the Multibeast Raise Port Limit as you did, but I still don't have USB 3 ports working. Thanks.

Hopefully someone can help me please. I have followed this guide as well as a few others and it always gives an error when trying to install ACL1500, 100 series audio, increase USB or Intel 530 graphics. The logs just say the install failed and the installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Z170X-UD5 (no TH)
Core i5 6500
2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000
Boot drive is an OCZ Agility 3 - 60GB

I can get through the Multibeast install if I chose quick start, UEFI, Intel Mausi and iMac 17,1 but there is no network connection on GB1 port, I have to use GB2, no sound and graphics are somewhat choppy. It also freezes up randomly.

I am using the latest Multibeast (8.2.3) Is there an older more preferred version? Any other ideas?

I am coming from an old EP45-UD3L board that worked great for about 7 years until it just stopped working a few days ago. So, this isn't my first go round, but it certainly is the most difficult build so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back