Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scratch that, the computer put itself to sleep and didn't wake, and I hard reset. The weird boot problem took 3 goes before booting into os x this time, and when it did it had all the sound devices listed.
its all strangely inconsistent.

Also just noticed something that may help people still struggling to get proper shutdown. I shut down the computer and it worked as expected, then while it was shut off, I unplugged the USB keyboard (plugged into one of the front USB3.0) and it turned on! So, it seems at least in some of the circumstances it could be USB related.

I really need to get the sound sorted so I can transition my Final Cut workflow off my laptop and onto this workstation.
My Hardware is the same as the guide, except I'm using 2x R9 280Xs.
Thanks.

I fixed my Z170X-UD5 TH audio problem using ottomezzi solution here #43 :

- multibeast "Drivers > Audio > Realtek > 100 series audio"
- then I did the step 2 of this guide :
"Download the latest version of AppleALC from the GitHub Releases page. Mount your EFI partition, and copy it to Clover/kexts/$OS_VERSION or Clover/kexts/Other."

Strangely it went away again (prob cos I was swapping HDs and booting into windows) but came back using 14.2 system def in MultiBeast. Even the optical-out works now.

Thanks again to Jerivalu and this excellent guide. As someone with absolutely NO hackintosh experience I have managed to get up and running a killer FCP X editing rig. I did tear my hair out for a few days trying to get my Thunderbolt 2 Lacie Big 5 RAID array to mount in OS X, but this morning in a moment of divine inspiration, installed the RAID manager driver, rebooted, and boom, its on the desktop. Sweet!
Thanks to all involved in this great community, I'm one happy camper!

Has anyone tried Sierra GM yet? I've managed to get everything working perfectly except for USB 3 which is a pain
The same SSDT-USB that I used in 10.11.6 no longer works even though I'm using the updated USBinject all for Sierra
I have tried Pike's simple usb fix using the SSDT-5 table with no luck
Has anyone managed to get USB 3 working?

Cheers, Robert

For all those having sleep/shutdown issues:

I tried every combination of ErP/FixShutdown/SlpSmiAtWake/Halt Enabler/darkwake and none of them fixed the sleep/shutdown issues :banghead: then I found this thread. What finally worked was removing my ancient StarTech "PEX1394B3" FireWire Card. Sleep/shutdown now work with ErP disabled and without any additional clover flags. Looks like I'll be buying some NewerTech eSATA to USB 3.0 adapters for my old drives :rolleyes:

For all those having "error allocating pages" on clover boot

I had to use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. Might have something to do with the fact that I'm using dual gtx 980ti cards? *shrugs*​

For all those having trouble getting the nvidia web drivers to "stick"

If you select "NVIDIA Web Driver" and after rebooting it reverts back to "OS X Default Graphics Driver", here's the fix. The problem is because NVRAM isn't natively working with this motherboard (using F5 bios) the fix is to install EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. You can test if your NVRAM is working by running the following terminal command and rebooting: sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld after you reboot, run sudo nvram -p | grep 'TestVar' if you see HelloWorld, your NVRAM is working; after testing, you can delete the TestVar variable by running sudo nvram -d TestVar.​

I have an issue with 10.11.5 Mac System recognising how much Ram is installed.

I have installed 2x8GB Crucial Ballistic Sport LT DDR4 (16GB) as recommended by Tony Mac Buyer's Guide. But the system can only see 2x4GB (8GB), Its quite strange as its half of the total ram - is there any fixes for this?

upload_2016-9-22_13-41-46.png

I have an issue with 10.11.5 Mac System recognising how much Ram is installed.

I have installed 2x8GB Crucial Ballistic Sport LT DDR4 (16GB) as recommended by Tony Mac Buyer's Guide. But the system can only see 2x4GB (8GB), Its quite strange as its half of the total ram - is there any fixes for this?

View attachment 211374
I had this same problem too, sometimes it would report half the ram I have installed and other times it would double it. I'm not exactly sure what fixed it but my system starting working a lot better once I started using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and completely disabling SIP (Rt Variables; Booterconfig = 0x28, CsrActiveConfig = 0x67).

Here are some things that have worked for others

- updating to the latest clover
- make sure you are not booting with the "maxmem" flag
- from what I understand this is purely cosmetic, you can test how much ram you actually have with the memtest app
- use clover configurator to add memory values under smbios

ugggghhh....this has to be the most problematic hack I've ever built. :crazy:

For all those having sleep/shutdown issues: *UPDATE*

The shutdown issue came back after I attached an external USB 3.0 hub but oddly enough sleep still worked. The fix was to enable "FixShutdown" under Acpi with Clover Configurator. FYI - I have ErP still disabled.

For all those losing audio after sleep

I kept losing audio after waking from sleep then I found this thread. The fix was to install tigersoul925's ALC1150 CodecCommander.kext in "/System/Library/Extensions/" via KextBeast and set darkwake=8 in clover configurator. FYI - Installing the kext in "/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/" didn't work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back