Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI PaulKent ! It works perfectly. I've tested Apogee Symphony, UA Apollo, Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter, Hard Drives, etc. All working. The only Drawback is that Hard Drives are not Hot Pluggable.
Hope it helps. Cheers!

Great !
Pulling the trigger very soon...
will everybody knows how it goes...:mrgreen:

Hi All! Thunderbolt 3 caution:
I've been running a StarTech TBT3TBTADAP TH3->TH2 adapter ->LaCie Thunderbolt eSATA hub into a CRU RTX drive bay. Twice now I've had Lightroom corrupt a photo catalog on the attached drive, which it could not repair. I then took the drive bay and hooked it up via USB3, and it was able to repair them. Based on that info, I caution that drives might not be 100% working as expected with the thunderbolt 3 adaptor. YMMV, but I might wait until we see more thunderbolt 3 support from the Apple side...

What method are people here using (@jerivalu ?) to gen an iMac 17,1 SN for iMessage? Clover Configurator seems to be generating invalid SNs....
Cheers!
Good question! I never managed to generate à valid one...

HI to everybody,
thanks for all the great info !
i will do a full report about my brand new system (z170x-UD5 th) very very soon.
but i am having right now a big problem
Thunderbolt is not even working on windows...
i followed every step ... but nothing
as soon as i plug it i get an error message/"usb device not recognised)--even with cold reboot/nothing happen
like if the "thunderbolt" was not active...
could that be the adapter ? (startech TB3 to TB)
how do i know is this is the motherboard "or" the adapter ?
what can i do ?
I am runnning F5 bios.
all the rest works perfect...

Thanks for your help :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back